22- The end is nearing

Jiwoo's POV:

I saw Jungeun run past us, running up the stairs in worry.

I sighed as I regret not being there for Hyunjin when the incident at school happened. She distanced herself from everyone except Yiren after Jungeun's accident.

Jungeun was one of Hyunjin's closest friends and also her crush. I'm glad that the two got close again, and that their accidents didn't effect their friendship too much.

"Was that Jungeun?" Sooyoung asked me.

I nodded.

"Damn, she's fast, they must be really close to make her worry like that and for you to not go check on them." Sooyoung said in disbelief.

I just nodded again.

"You good?" She asked me.

I just sighed in response, she quickly pulled me into a hug.

"You can tell me, Woo Boo. That's what I'm here for." She smiled at me.

"I- I feel bad, that- I can't comfort Hyunjin like Jungeun can, I still feel bad about the incident, me and Hyunjin used to be very close. I want her to know that I still care about her and she can tell me her issues." I mumbled.

Sooyoung just caressed my head, giving a peck on my forehead.

"She'll come through, I'm sure it takes time. Hyunjin is just in a difficult time right now, you two will be able to have that relationship like before, or even better." She hugged me tighter.

"Yea, your right. Thank you, Soo Boo." I thanked, giving her a peck on the lips.

Heejin's POV:

I didn't bother to call my bodyguard to come and pick me up. I wanted to walk home to think, I don't need Hongjoong to see me crying.

Since I was young, Hongjoong has been my best friend. He was always there for me when things were bad with my relationship with Somi. He even helped me tell Hyunjin about my feelings.

He is like an older brother to me, nothing more. I'm pretty sure I'm just a younger sister to him anyway.

I'm just a block away from home, I'm sure my father will be disappointed when he hears that I wanna break the arranged marriage.

I arrived at the front door and I'm fucking nervous as hell right now. My tears have all dried up as I walked, I also put on new makeup so I can act like I didn't cry, walking home.

I took a deep breath before twisting the handle of the door, feeling tension in the air. I thought that I opened the door but sadly forgot to unlock it before twisting the handle.

I sighed taking out the keys, my Dads don't like locks where you can just type in the passcode. They think the neighbors are watching our every move and can break in just using the pin.

After unlocking it I slid the keys in my pocket and twisted the door handle once more.

I took a step in and was quickly greeted by my bodyguard, Hongjoong.

"Hey! Heej! Why didn't you ask me to come get you?" He walked over to me, engulfing me into a hug.

I hugged back, "I just needed some time, I was, you know, thinking." I sighed.

"Thinking about what?" He asked, breaking the hug, setting his hands on my shoulders, raising a brow at me, worriedly.

"Just- something I need to tell Dad." I reassured, nervously smiled at him,