Thirty

I am the first one up in the morning. The sun is barely out, a golden glow casts onto our floor.

The smell of the early morning fills my nose. The water sounds quietly from outside our marui. It is a comforting thing to always wake up to the water. Based on the day already, I can tell it is going to be a good day.

I pick up my bedding, and space quickly, and begin to leave the marui.

"What are you doing?" Tsireya whispers from behind me.

I turn around, shocked. It hadn't even occurred to me that she would be awake. Tsireya is always the early one though.

"I was just going out. You wanna come with?" She has to come with. It is just something I have to offer.

She nods once, and I begin to walk with her following behind. "Where are you going?"

"Not sure yet." I say. A smile crosses her face.

The two of us end up sitting on the warm sand, overlooking the water and the islands that follow. The sand still has a little chill from the morning coldness. But the sun rests on us and makes it a nice warmth.

We are quiet for a while. In comfortable silence. Just watching as everything awakes from its sleep.

The animals begin to sound, some plants begin to move, actions begin in the water and in our village as people awake.

When Tsireya and I were kids, sometimes we would come out and do this. Early in the morning. We would watch the sun come out, and listen and watch as things do as well.

It wasn't very commen that we did this, but whenever we caught each other waking up we would tag along.

"I was happy to see you out last night." She says, quietly.

I think back to the night before. The moments I shared with everyone. The reason I was able to even go last night.

"It was amazing."

"What made you go?" I look over to her. Her head is down, as her hands play with one of her beads.

It is like she is always reading my mind in the worst ways.

An awkward laugh comes out of my mouth before looking to my own hands. "Um,"

"Neteyam?" Her voice is solemn, yet in a teasing, sarcastic, flirtatious way. I'm sure that deep down it hurts that she could never get me to go, and he succeeded.

"Yeah." A smile follows after my laugh. I cant help but smile when thinking about it.

"I figured."

"You and Lo'ak seemed to be having a good time." I use the same tone as hers before.

Her face turns red, and she closes her eyes for a moment, also thinking of before. "Not as good a time as Neteyam and you."

My mouth falls open shocked as a smile climbs across her face. "Hey!" I push her playfully, while beginning laugh again.

Our laughs both die down before she speaks again. "Lo'ak and I had a really good time. But I am being serious about the two of you. There was something there last night."

My stomach turns at the idea of anyone noticing. Tsireya is Tsireya, of course she won't tell anyone, but if she notices, who else did?

Slowly, I let those possibilities slip away and just convince myself that she is my sister and that is why she noticed. And like Neteyam said, good, if anyone knows.

"I guess," I pause, looking away from her, shyly. "There is something there that wasn't there."

Tsireya turns to me, being dramatic. Her mouth falls open, and her arms fly up. She begins to squeal and then she stands up.