Twelve

Neteyam

Last night was so strange for the eldest Sully boy. Everything took over his mind. For some reason nothing else mattered.

Lo'ak and Nia were the only ones that mattered to him in that moment. He did not care about hurting Lo'ak, or causing a scene.

He didn't protect his brother in that moment.

And he regrets everything.

Seeing them together drove him mad, but he has only the slightest idea why. And that reason, he pushes away, acting like he doesn't know anything.

The two boys sit together in their Mauri, sitting inside of the door, watching the rain land on the water.

Lo'ak watches the water, thinking.

Thinking about Tsireya, Payakan. He didn't mind when Neteyam said anything last night. Lo'ak knows why he did it.

Neteyam was jealous. It was simple.

Neteyam on the other hand, has the weight of the previous events on his mind. It was a shame he let anything get the best of him.

"Bro," Neteyam turns to his brother breaking the calming silence.

Jake looks up from the food he makes with his mate, watching the two of them.

"I am sorry about what I did last night."

"It's all good." Lo'ak smiles at his brothers stupidity. "I understand."

Neteyam scratches his hairline and looks at Lo'ak, his face turning confused.

"What do you mean, you understand?"

Behind them, Jake looks down. He continues to listen and smiles to himself as he listens to his sons. Skxawngs he thinks.

"You like her, shit ass." Lo'ak teases.

Neteyams eyes go wide from shock. "I do not."

Lo'ak laughs at Neteyam. "Okay." He says sarcastically. Neteyam looks down at his the water away from them.

"I dont." Neteyam repeats.

"Just like I don't like Tsireya?" Lo'ak whispers, nudging his brothers arm.

Neteyam looks up, his mouth opens. "I was right! I knew it bro!"

"Shut up skxawng!" Lo'ak shoves the side of Neteyams head.

Neteyam laughs. "You know, you should probably talk to Nia?" Lo'ak quiets once again.

After his talk with her, he feels much closer. Lo'ak is very good at reading people, and though Nia is very good at hiding it, he could still tell a lot about her.

Neteyam sighs. "About what?"

"Neteyam." I swear my brother is an idiot, Lo'ak thinks. "What you said last night."

Neteyam thinks back. He didn't think he made it that obvious.

Neteyam groans and looks up, closing his eyes. He says nothing and stands up.

"I need to walk." Neteyam turns to his dad. Jake nods.

He leaves the marui, walking on the path. Families look up at him as he walks past them.

He walks past Tonowari and Ronals marui, on the way to the beach. He peers in, barely thinking about it.

Ni'awtu and Aonung are both missing.

Tsireya looks up at him and waves.

"Hey." Neteyam greets back, continuing his walk.

He didn't walk for a purpose. All he knows, is that he needs to clear his mind.

When he was at home, he would always go on his ikran and then fish at the spot where his father taught him. Neteyam loves fishing, it's something he loves about the Metkayina.

Since coming here, he's tried to spend all the time when he isn't with friends, learning how to fish and hunt better.

Neteyam jumps off of the path onto the sand. It is cold against his feet.

The wind is harsh, but still easy enough to walk in.

At the end of the beach, a small figure comes out from the trails.

Neteyam instantly recognizes the girl.

Taking a moment to decide what to do, the girl walks towards him.

She can barely see anything because of the rain and the tears in her eyes.

Neteyam walks towards her slowly. He stops in front of her, about three feet away.

"Nia?" He asks over the rain. He notices her mood right away without her even looking at him.

As soon as she looks up, his suspicions were correct. She is surprised by him. Her eyes are wet and red with tears.

"Hey," He begins walking towards her.

"No." Her voice is strong despite her tears. She moves around him, keeping her eyes on the ground.

She holds onto her stomach, and let's her long black hair fall onto her face.

This day began so amazing for her, and ended up bad. Now it is only getting worse.

She is scared for everything and now she has another reason with Neteyam.

The boy steps in front of her. She comes to a halt.

"Neteyam." She says, her voice scratchy. Her hand goes to his chest, trying to push him to the side.

"Ni'awtu," He has no idea what to do. The only girls he ever has comforted are his sisters. It is different with Nia. "Look at me."

She shoves her eyes down further, not wanting to make any eye contact with him. Hes seen enough.

Ni'awtu starts to step around once again, but Neteyam does not stop there.

He steps in front of her and pushes her hair behind her ear.

She looks up at him, no longer minding her wet eyes. She slaps away his hand.

"Get away from me Neteyam." All the sudden, her voice is strong. She pushes his chest and walks away from him quickly.

He doesn't persist anymore but watches as the girl he secretly cares for walks away.

//
Ahhhh
kind of short but I wanted to get in some of Neteyam.
hope you like, lmk if you recommend anything or have any ideas (: