Five

The picture is how I imagine the little swimming hole. In their village a lot of the teenagers use it. And during this scene its during the day, so obviously its not glowing. 

Thank you for everything <3

"Lo'ak!" I call out. Everyone around me is in a frantic search for the boy that went missing. 

My idiot brother sent him out pass the reef, and abandoned him there. If he didnt get beat enough today, he sure as hell needs another one. I do not know what our family would do if he accidentally killed Lo'ak.

Im sure either Neytiri or Jake would kill our brother and then our family. 

From what Ive gathered, Neytiri is a crazy woman. She seems easy to be at peace, but the way she talks to her children and stands up for herself is a sign of great strength. I can tell shes been through trial times in her life, and I appreciate her courage. 

"Lo'ak!" I call again. Tsireya screams at the same time as me from beside me. 

Her face is worried. She rarely gets like this. My sister is always so calm.

"Tsireya, we will find him." Roisu, my ilu gets closer to hers so our legs are touching. 

"Where is Aonung? If anything he should be looking for Lo'ak the most," Her eyebrows furrow. "I do not understand why he is so mean to these people. They were so nice to him." I nod my head at her, trying to comfort her. Trying to comfort someone is never my strong suit. "Hes been gone for hours, the eclipse was long ago."

"Tsireya, just look."

She is right. The boys led him out of the reef hours ago. Aonung only told Neteyam what happened short before eclipse. 

She leaves me, in a hurry. Im sure I wasnt the person she needed. The past few weeks, even before the family arrived, our relationship has not been the same. Ive been taking on responsibilities, getting sassier with my parents, and shes been distracted. 

"We've found the boy!" Quickly, I turn my head towards the sudden yell. The Ilu from the yell has people surrounding it. A body is holding onto the man. 

I dive into the water, approaching the ilu dock shortly behind them. Lo'ak gets off the Ilu and thanks the man with our sign language. I get off of mine, standing behind him. Aonung, my mother, and father all stand on the dock above him. 

They all look worried, and Aonung looks ashamed. My mother needs to beat the skxawng.

Lo'aks first instinct is to walk towards Aonung. "Hey," Jake steps in front of him, grabbing his shoulders. 

My father looks at me with an upset face. He is ashamed. Of all of us. 

"Lets have a look at you." Lo'ak lets Jake examine him, but his eyes are only set on my brother. 

Neytiri runs through the crowd, onto the lower dock where Lo'ak, Jake, and I stand. Neteyam is shortly behind. I avert my eyes from him as soon as he crouches to watch the intense scolding. "I pray for the strength that I will not pluck the eyeballs out of my youngest son!" She hisses and hand gestures in front of his face. 

He just moves it nonchalantly, waiting to be done with his parents. It is so strange how he survived and is so unfazed by any of it. 

"No, my son knows better than to take him outside of the reef." My father speaks. He shoves Aonung onto his knee. My idiot brother. "The blame is his."

"Okay," Jake climbs onto the deck, "Lets go."

"No. This is not Aonungs fault," he cuts his eye contact from my father and glances at me. He is lying. "It was my idea. Aonung tried to talk me out of it. Really."