Twenty- One

I spent almost everyday the tulkun were here with Luitouy. We swam, played, talked.

She got to know all of my new friends. I got to meet her siblings and more families.

Everything turns special when the tulkun come. Everything in us changes; and for the best.

People grow, lives change, families meet, and people bond. Its the way our nature works.

It is perfect.

But now, with the tulkun back on their cycle, every day life has come back.

There is less fun with the Sullys now. They are all practically part of our people.

They learned to walk and act like us, how to talk like us, all in less than three months. When they came here, I expected the dense forest people to take longer to learn our way.

It makes me think about how I would do if they had to teach me how to live in their home.

My father has expected me to step up once again and do the things that teach me to be a great clan leader like him.

We've been hunting more, I've been trying to help more people with their needs. My mother teaches me about being a tsahik, even if it wont be my complete job.

They pushes me to be how we were before.

My father doesnt want to leave his position, but he needs me to be ready for anything.

It has been very taxing. The days I look forward to the most are the ones when Kiri and Tuk come to help me.

Occasionally, Neteyam and Lo'ak will come too, but Lo'ak is always doing his own thing, and Neteyam doesn't want to bother me.

When the girls come though, it is the best time with them. The two of then are so thoughtful and graceful towards all things.

Kiri has shown me some of her abilities. She's been teaching herself to manipulate the nature.

I have no idea how she does it, but I'm the only one she's told. I can't ask anyone anything about it.

As I tie up the rope traps today, Tsireya comes over.

A few others, fishermen, and I are on one of the island sand bars in our reef. These can be the best places to trap.

She greets everyone with customary things, in the most gracious way. My sister is perfect when it comes to people.

Im the last person she greets.

"Hello sister." She smiles, grabs the other end of my rope to help me gather them together.

The nets are pretty full with our fish. When we take them back, we will pray over them and thank Eywa.

Looking up at her again, her face has a peaceful expression on it. I have no idea how she is always so calm.

"Hi Tsireya." My smile grows, politely.

"What are you doing today?"

"Ive just been doing chores. Thats all today." She nods, and grabs another rope out of the water. Her new beads fall and go back when she stands up, clinking together. "What are you doing Tsireya?" I ask, in a playful, curious way.

She doesnt say anything for a moment, or make eye contact with me.

"There is a small festival at the cove tonight." She finally says quickly. Oh great. Though the last time we went wasnt bad at all, I still do not want to go.

"Oh?" I rest my hand on my hip. Her smile grows and she drops the rope onto the sand.

"Come on Ni'awtu." She sings the words, and grabs my hands. Tsireya waves them around while staring me down.