When You're Afraid of the Ocean

Beomgyu was going on teaser photo shooting and you decided to come along.

"I'm glad you decided to come along" Beomgyu said shaking his legs in the car.

"Yeah, where are you guys taking these photos?" You asked getting aware of the direction the car is going.

"The beach. We are going to be shooting the 'Farewell' teaser photos, then if you also wanna tag along, we're gonna shoot the 'Nightmare' photos on a set the company made" He said completely oblivious about the petrified look on your face.

"T-The Beach?" You stuttered a little.

"Yeah, and you know how much I love the beach, plus the weather is fantastic that just makes it better" He said feeling an adrenaline rush.

"Mhm" You said as you started feeling your heart beating faster than usual.

Despite how long you and Beomgyu have been together, you never told him about your insane fear of the ocean.

The fear is not because of a specific reason, you were just born with it.

In all of the family vacation you've been on, you always stayed away from the ocean.

The vast and the mysterious creatures living there just creeped you out even more.

You didn't know what you were getting yourself into when you said you wanted to come along.

Your legs started shaking from the nervousness and that clearly didn't go unnoticed by the guy sat beside you.

Beomgyu glanced at you and noticed your nervous look, he shrugged it of as he thought you were nervous to meet all the staff and their managers.

But he still felt as if something is not right.

The car that was driving you guys to the beach arrived.

You saw the water looking very blue and scary.

Your body started to shiver uncontrollably.

"Come on, love" Beongyu said already standing outside the car, looking at you who was still sat in the car.

"Y-Yeah" You stuttered as you made your way slowly out of the car.

Beomgyu took your hand in his and started walking towards the staff.

"Hyung~" Beomgyu sung unclapsing his hand from your and hugging one of the male staff members.

You looked around seeing an unendless blue water and pale yellow sand.

You also saw Yeonjun and Taehyun playing in the sand like little children.

That made you chuckle a little.

You were still quite far from the water but the fear made you unable to move.

"Love, come on!" Beomgyu yelled already infront of the ocean.

"Um, no thank you. I'll come in a bit, just enjoy and be careful" You said as you watched Beomgyu's face twist in confusion.

Later, Beomgyu called for you again as they were about to start taking the photos and he wanted to show you the process.

The photos were going to be taken on a boat infront of the water, that made you shiver.

"Kay, one sec" You yelled back not ready to face the water.

Beomgyu was waiting patiently for you to come to start taking his own photo.

But it's already Soobin's turn and you were still not there.

He looked around and saw you standing far far away from the water and looking down.

He excused himself and started walking towards you.

"Love, are you okay?" He asked standing infront of you.

"Hm? Yeah, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be taking the photos?" You kept asking.

"I'm waiting for you but you're still standing here. Is something wrong?" He asked with a concerned voice.

You sighed knowing that now is the time to tell him.

"Look, I afraid of the ocean and I'm too scared to come close to it" You said looking down, ashamed.

You heard Beomgyu chuckle and you looked up confusly.

"What's so funny?" You asked.

"Nothing. You should've told me sooner. It's okay if you don't want to come over there, but it's fine it's just water. Plus it's really really beautiful, not more beautiful than you though" He joked.

You smiled as you gained the confidence to go close to the water.

Beomgyu took your hand in his and started walking towards the shooting area.

Beomgyu can feel your hands shiver in his, he squeezed your hand to calm you down.

You were already there and you looked around mesmerised by the view.

The blue of the water matched the color of the sky making it contrast in the most beautiful way.

You smiled as you looked back at Beomgyu who was smiling at you adoringly.

"Beomgyu, it's your turn now" The staff said.

You walked behind the camera that was shooting the photos and looked at Beomgyu fondly.

Ever since that day you haven't been that afraid of the ocean, still it freaked you out a bit but you had a Beomgyu who tried to get rid of your fear and make you enjoy life.

THE END!

_________________________________________

Author's note

I hope you enjoyed this.

YOUR PRESENT

HE'S BEAUTIFUL

🐻💕🦋