15. Quick Adventures

Before our next adventure we took a brief stop at the Healing Pools of the Nud. They had general public hot spring pools and then individual bath houses. After my harrowing experience (and I'd already been checked by the TARDIS's med bay) the doctor had used his credentials (psychic paper) to get the VIP suite with two separate healing pools for each of us.

Despite the insinuations of the creepy scientists at the Vault, the TARDIS had confirmed I hadn't been assaulted. Things were a bit awkward between the Doctor and I when he accidentally saw my results when I was leaving the med bay. He had pretended he hadn't but I had known from his shut down features that he had. I knew he blamed himself for me getting hurt and endangered, but how could he have known that they'd examine me too. He couldn't have.

It was when we rejoined in the main living area of the VIP suite for a cleansing meal that we finally talked.

"I'll be ok, you know."

The doctor nearly grunted over his food and I let out a laugh.

His eyes wide he looked up at me, a smile slipping on his lips.

This time when he neared I took the initiative and was the one to place my forehead against his first. A sigh left him and his shoulders released any tension leftover from his bath.

"We'll be ok."

"Indeed."

I smiled up at him.

We had a brief emotional vacation when we had an adventure on a station called Satellite 5

"Year 200,000, space station should be the height of the human race."

I looked around, "Height of it?" I looked around and it wasn't what I was expecting. Nothing like the sleek hallways of the space observation deck I'd been on for my first trip.

"Good manners, delicious cuisine, amazing technology."

The ship came to life with street vendors selling what seemed to be standard grub and the technology felt lacking.

"Time wrong again?"

"Time is perfect."

The Doctor looked down at his watch brow furrowed, "It's something else.

It wasn't until we got a tour of the broadcast studio that things seemed to narrow down to problems with the station.

The Doctor pointed out where Cathika, our guide, sat her head opened up with a portal to her brain as light seemed to stream in from above.

"Compressed information streamed directly into her brain. Every single fact beams out of this place. Now that's what I call power."

"This technology..." I looked at the Doctor to find him intensely looking at the scene before us.

"Wrong."

"Something is rotten at Satellite 5?"

The Doctor grinned, "Most definitely, they are behind 90 years."