1. Prologue: A Gift of Time

It is a truth universally and inter-dimensionally acknowledged that if there is a Starling the most powerful will be drawn to them. I had wished to break the mold, I should have known it was a lost cause from the start. We are honey and they are flies.

When I was a child I had been fascinated with the old archives of the TV show Doctor Who

When I was a child I had been fascinated with the old archives of the TV show Doctor Who. It had been entertaining even as my own timeline had started to colonize other planets.

Later when I was placed in the Facility, where my mind had been uploaded to the network, I had familiarized myself with it again.

And when the Facility was no more, and my consciousness was intercepted, the concept of fiction and reality became blurred.

The 'Social Workers' were inter-dimensional aliens who played in other dimensions and timelines.

They'd warned me, "Due to your gift, you will have a stronger bond with Time. Far closer than the Time Lords or even the so-called Eternals. Before your full inheritance you'll find Time drawn to you."

My hologram had nodded, a face oddly like the new one I'd have. "If that is the price I'll pay it."

None of the consciousness' knew why the 'Social Workers' gave out gifts to each Starling that was placed in a dimensional timeline.

A gift was an ability, or knowledge, that the aliens had themselves.

Rules were set in place to keep us from being overpowered and destroying worlds. Although it was an open secret that the race harvested stars from shredded timelines.

The dimensional timeline they'd wish to set me in was governed by Time, so I made the decision to have that as my gift. I would never allow myself to be trapped anywhere again.

The aliens put me under the training their young-lings did. They helped me to form a database of memories or Mind Palace so that my younger self wouldn't be overwhelmed by all the knowledge I contained.

Then the time came and my whole world changed once again.

For I had become the Bad Wolf, aka Rose Tyler.