XXIII - Available

"Who is Elektra?" I asked Foggy.

"That's Matt's ex girlfriend. She's a little crazy. You wouldn't want to know"

"Why was she calling him?"

"I don't know. He probably still has a crush on her or something. There are some people guys can't move on from"

Clearly, I wasn't one of those people. Matt left Foggy and I alone to possibly be with another woman. It was none of my business, of course, but the pain was there. Foggy seemed to be right, I couldn't move on from my feelings for Matt. This was my very last chance to either leave or deal with it.

"I'm happy that you decided to meet up with us again" Foggy said.

"Yeah, I actually did not. I mean- I saw Matt at my workplace the other day and we decided to talk a little bit"

"So you didn't miss us at all? I see how it is" he said jokingly.

"I did miss you! I just needed some space"

"I understand, don't worry"

"Do you think I should call Nadia?" I asked.

"You should give it a try"

I called Nadia after spending so long not getting in touch. At first I felt a little anxious about it, but it went well. She seemed to be surprised too although she was still happy to hear my voice on the phone. We planned on meeting up at her place the day after with Foggy and Matt. Sarah was going to be there as well.

"She said she had already planned on throwing a little party at her place tomorrow" I started.

"Sarah and Nadia started partying a lot after my breakup" Foggy answered.

"Well, we were invited this time"

"Really?"

"Yes. I wasn't sure how she was going to react to my call, but I guess it was better than expected"

"That's good! I'll let Matt know"

The day had come. I put on a simple dress just to get myself in the mood for the party. Nothing that would grab any attention as that wasn't my plan. I hadn't put myself in a dress in ages, but I didn't want to show up in casual clothes like I do most of the time. A simple white dress would be fine.

I had no idea how Sarah and Nadia would feel seeing me again or if Matt was even going to show up. There was nothing changing my mind, I was ready to go. As I got there, I saw Foggy parking his car with Matt sat on the passenger seat next to him. That's how I knew he was going too.

I waited in silence for both of them to get out of the car. They were both looking good and smart wearing some fancy blazers.

"Hey, Ava" Matt said approaching me.

"I keep forgetting you know when I'm present. Hey!" I answered.

"Were you trying to pretend you weren't there?" he said smiling.

"No, not really. I was waiting for y- Both of you before getting inside"

Nadia opened the door few moments after we knocked on it. She hugged me tightly and told me how much she missed me. I really missed her too. Sarah showed up right after doing the same. More people were getting in the house, the music was getting louder and everyone started drinking and eating.

"Would you like anything to eat? I'm grabbing something for myself" I said as an excuse to talk to Matt.

"What does anything taste like?" he jokingly asked.