XIV - Stained

My moment with Matt was great but short. He stayed on the couch once again while I stayed in his room, which didn't seem fair to me. He thought it wasn't safe to be in my apartment, but I couldn't just keep leaving him uncomfortable sleeping on the old cold couch of his living room.

Although I insisted plenty of times for him to stay in his bed, he kept being stubborn denying it. I just had to deal with it.

I wanted to at least do one thing to make it up for him as a thank you for the hospitality. My plan was to make breakfast for us. Moved out of bed in the most quiet way. He was still asleep looking real cute hugging a blanket, showing his muscular arms. I guess it was the first time I saw Matt in a t-shirt. I couldn't stop myself from staring at him for a little while.

Not sure how, as soon as I turned around to walk again to the kitchen, Matt woke up leaving me disappointed that I couldn't be quiet enough.

"Good morning" he said making me stop walking. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, I tried to be quiet. I didn't want to wake you up"

"Don't worry, I'll let you put the blame on my ears"

"I was about to make us something for breakfast, but didn't even make it to the fridge"

"Mission failed" he said laughing.

"It's impressive how someone can be in such good mood in the morning, Mr. Murdock"

"Not to mention the comfort of this couch"

"Matt, I'm gonna be mad at you. I told you to sleep in your room!"

"I'm fine. As you can see, I can still be in a good mood sleeping here. Imagine if that was you" he giggled.

"Very funny" I said in a sarcastic way throwing one of the couch's pillows at him.

"Hey, you're throwing stuff at a blind man, don't you feel bad? And you don't wanna fight with me, young woman" he said sarcastically still trying to be funny.

"I don't and not yet" I said leaving him wondering "we need some food first"

"You're right. You know what? Let's get out of this town today. I'm calling Foggy to know where they went to and if everything's alright. I think we can help them and have a special day somewhere else at the same time. What do you think?"

"A special day? I think we deserve it"

  Matt called Foggy. He was still at the hospital with Sarah, but he hadn't been able to visit her yet. We told him we would visit them later today not mentioning anything about us going out- Was it a date? Even I didn't know what was up between the two of us.

I stole some cookies from Matt's kitchen, with his permission, and we headed ourselves to the train station. It was only about an hour journey. I sat next to him on the train and leaned my head over his shoulder after a few minutes of silence between us. His shoulder was comfortable somehow. Or maybe I just really liked to be next to him.

Once we had arrived, we needed to find a place to have lunch. Matt wanted to take me to a fancy place while I, as the simple girl that I am, had a strange desire to eat an hamburger. There was nothing in between the two things, so I had to pretend I had learned something with him as a lawyer.

"Hm, very convincing" he said after hearing me make a speech about French fries and defending a box of chicken nuggets.

"Come on, you're not even wearing a tie today"

"Hey, Foggy gave me this shirt on Christmas. He wouldn't want to see it covered in ketchup" he giggled.

"It would get stained for a good reason"