II - Cold Pizza Slice

It was 5PM and none of what happened was a dream. It was all real. I was so in trouble for something I hadn't done and the worst part is that I not only lost my job, but I can go to prison as well. That's what happens when you're too blind in love. No pun intended.

  Sarah really found these guys out of nowhere. She was good with connections. With 'connections' I mean at the bar. She is a gorgeous woman with the natural ability to attract everyone. Not sure if that's a good thing anymore. What if she attracts some crazy guy like I did? I'm still curious to hear about how she met Foggy.

"Hey, look who's awake" I heard Nadia's voice. "You were so cute sleeping like a baby! But I'm glad you're finally awake"

"Why's that?"

"Foggy and Matt are almost here" Sarah answered.

"What!? Were you even planning on waking me up and telling me, or were you letting them see me sleep!?"

"We were about to wake you up, don't worry. It will all be okay" She said.

"How!? I feel empty and don't know what's going on anymore"

"Foggy promised me they won't stop until they find Dylan. He's on the run"

"Of course he is"

"They said it's a good thing. It means he's a suspect and they can't put you behind bars yet" Nadia said.

"YET!?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that"

  We heard someone knocking on the door and I jumped scared. Sarah and Nadia looked at me confused. They knew me well. They knew how scared I was of the possibility of it being Dylan.

"It's okay. It's just Matt and Foggy" Sarah said.

"Yeah, of course. And by the way, you have to tell me how you guys met" I answered pretending not to be scared and acting all strong.

Strong was all I couldn't be during the situation that was going on. They opened the door for them.

"How are you feeling, Ava?" Matt asked me.

"I'm good, I can deal with this. This guy isn't going to ruin my life anymore, right?" I lied.

"Assuming that he was the one doing this. It's good that you're so confident" he answered.

"I have no choice"

  Luckily for me, Matt couldn't see the tears my eyes were making. And I couldn't make it stop. Foggy was speaking with Sarah and Nadia in private for some reason.

"I know we just met, but you can trust me" he insisted as if he could in fact see me crying or know exactly how I felt. Perhaps he just had a really good feeling. Something like this wouldn't be hard to predict considering the situation. "You have my word. We'll screw him up"

"I really hope so, Matt"

"Do you need a hug?"

"Yeah- yes, that would be nice" I said after hesitating a little.

  As much as it sounded a little awkward, a hug wouldn't hurt me, even if it came from someone I just met, and truth is I needed all the hugs in the world to comfort all the pain.

"Told you he could get all the girls" I overheard Foggy telling Sarah and Nadia.

"Jeez" I said almost whispering.

"Please, ignore him. He's just trying to be funny in front of Sarah. He never stopped having a crush on her" Matt told me.

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "That's amazing. Sarah is still single, you know?"