Anthony's Relapse

Começar do início

As Stephan ran excitedly up the stairs to find Alice, the door bell rang and Steven went to answer the door. To his dismay it was Victoria.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Is that how to greet your fiancé?" Victoria snapped, "and why didn't you pick me up for breakfast, or did you forget that too again."

"I forgot." Steven said and slammed the door shut.

"Let's go now, we can have brunch." Her smile froze when she noticed his bad mood.

"I cleared my schedule so I can take Stephan to the zoo today,"

Hatred filled her heart, she hated that brat with a passion, but she plastered a fake smile on her face and said, "what a lovely idea, I'm sure I can rearrange my appointments and come along."

Steven let out a harsh breath, "I'm spending quality time with my son, you can come next time."

"How am I supposed to get Stephan to like me if I don't spend time with him!" Victoria snapped.

"Since when have you every cared to spend time with him, he has been with me for almost a year and you never seemed interested or cared and now all of the sudden you want to spend time with him!"

"That's not true," Victoria came to her defense, "I have tried, honestly I have, just give me another chance, please?"

"We leave in half an hour!" Steven said, "go change and be back here quickly or we are leaving without you."

Victoria rushed out of the mansion to go home and change, she wanted to impress him by being the attentive step mother. She would do this just to win him over, but when she gets pregnant with Steven's child she was going to make sure that her child was number one in Steven's life, she thought, as she hastily drove herself to her condo.

**************

"Daddy can I have some popcorn?" Stephan's sweet little voice melted Steven's heart, "and can I also have cotton candy, pleeeeese."

"That's not good for you!" Victoria told him. "You should eat healthy foods and not garbage food!"

Steven looked at her angrily, and when Stephan ran up forward to see the elephants, Steven turned to Victoria and said, "You are not to tell Stephan what he can or can not have," Steven scolded, "let me take care of my son the way I want to, please! Stephan is not with me for long and I want him to enjoy his visits with me and if he wants to eat popcorn and cotton candy then so be it."

Offended by his words, Victoria bit back a retort, and turned around so Steven wouldn't see her tears, but Steven didn't notice nor did he care about her feelings, his main concern was his son and no one else.

"Daddy can we go see the lions and the tigers now?" Stephan begged, as he ate the last of his chocolate candy.

In response, Steven lifted his son and threw him over his shoulders and Stephan laughed, "Daddy I'm as tall as the giraffes are now!"

Victoria was seething behind them, as she tagged along, she was sick and tired of the zoo, Stephan and of Steven's behavior towards her, but she shut her mouth not wanting to give Steven any reason to call off the wedding.