Chapter 21 * Confession

Julie

"How is it?!" Caitlin calls out as I fit myself in the dress. Yes,today's the event,and today's Nick's third week here. I guess time flies by so fast.

"Don't you think it's too short or...showy?" I say as I take a look at myself in the mirror.

The dress was kinda cute and it was beautiful,but it's a tube and it's above the knee. I wasn't used to wearing these stuff. Especially when I wore it on events like these with strangers looking at me.

"It's gonna be fine,Julie. Come out already." She says enthusiastically.

The whole dress was covered with three different shades of blue. From the bottom was dark blue,followed by aqua blue,turquoise on the hips part,and sky blue up to the chest. The tube wasn't just a tube,but it exposed my cleavage a little bit since it had a curve in the middle,lining my cleavage. Which made me feel uneasy so I kept pulling it up.

Then I tried on the pair of cream velvet heels. Now this is what I'm really not used to. I never wore heels except graduation day. And those weren't even that high compared to this one.

"Don't you think this is too much? I mean,you're the debutant here." I say walking out and she turns to me.

Caitlin gaped in surprise. "Julie,you're-" She paused and gazed at me from head to toe. "you're amazing."

"R-really? You can tell me the truth,you know?" I say wryly. "I won't mind."

She chuckles. "Oh,Julie! You're perfect!" Caitlin grans my hand and seated me on the chair infront of the mirror. "I'm wearing your designed gown so they'll still notice me as the debutant." She says as she grabs the brush and started brushing my hair.

"W-what are you doing now?"

"We can't miss the hair,you know?" Caitlin says like she's really an expert on this.

Well,she suggested all of this anyway. And I think I couldn't decline anymore. She told me to wear casual clothes and then she'd take care of me when we get here. And obviously,she's doing as what she said.

* * * * * *

"Voila!" Caitlin says as she turns the chair facing the mirror again. "Do you like it?"

I couldn't speak as I looked at the girl in the mirror in that hair and look. She's just really different. It felt like it wasn't her anymore. Who is that girl?

"You-you don't like it? I can change it into another one,here." She grabs the brush again.

"No,no. It's fine Caitlin! Infact," I turn to the mirror again. "you did great. I feel like a total different person now."

"Really?"

I curve my lips into an appreciative smile facing her. "Thank you."

"No problemo,Julie." She chuckles. "You're gonna be the most beautiful girl in his eyes tonight." Caitlin sadly smiles.

"Th-thanks."

A tear from her eye was dropping and she immediately wiped it away as she forced a smile. "I-I'll be at the party."

"S-sure! Thanks again!" She walks out leaving me with the new me.

I sigh deeply. Is this really me?

Knock! Knock!

I turn to the door immediately,afraid someone might see me here and accuse me for intruding in this room.

"Did I disturb you?" Austin asks walking in.

Woah,woah,woah! Did I miss something,or some kind of miracle came down from heaven?

Or maybe he realized the things he's done to you were all wrong. My subconscience butts in.

I looked at him with a questioning look.

"You look amazing." He almost choked me there with his remarks. Slow down,boy. Atleast give me a red light?

I still couldn't utter a word. He's just different.

Wait,no. He's not doing it again is he?

"I know. This isn't me." He says. "Austin Prince being all gentle and light." Austin walks nearer to me. "And all I did was bully you and make your life miserable."

Yep. He didn't have to state the obvious. But I have a feeling this is gonna be one heck of a conversation. I could already hear the party from downstairs.

"But this is a chance for me to tell you everything that I feel." He says looking straight into my eyes. "I've been such a fool hurting you,Julie. All I did were sich big mistakes,and I know I can't redo them. But I wanna tell you that I'm sorry for every trouble that I've done. I'm truly sorry,Julie."

Groans. He's pushing me into anxiety! What is he doing? What is he trying to say? Get to the point already! Or preferably,make the grounds swallow me now.

"I didn't know what you did to me. But I felt something. Something I couldn't explain in the first place." Austin pauses as I looked straight up to him. "But when that moron came in the picture,I realized--I realized--" He bows down sheepishly.

What?! You realized what?! Does he even know that he's freezing me here? I feel like I'm gonna ruin everything when I make a single move.

"I realized that I liked you." He looked up to me.

My eyes widened,I stiffened,and everything he did flashbacked. From the moment I saw him,when he broke my heart,to the moments that I hated him for making my highschool life miserable. Why is he saying all these things to me now? Is he really making fun of me again?

A tear dropped my eye. "Look," I say when I finally find my voice. "if this another---"

"No,Julie,it's not! All I'm saying here is true! Every bit of it!" He cuts me off. "I like you,Julie! I like you! Nick made me jealous so much and I can't let him have you."

"Then why did you continue to make fun of me?!" I couldn't stop my tears. All he did made me miserable. I tried to avoid breaking into pieces but he pushed me too. Now he's saying all these things. He's saying he likes me? How could he expect me to believe that when all he did was for fun? Was all a joke.

"Because I knew that you hated me and it was the only thing I though of for me to get your attention! For you to notice me!"

Bonk!

_________
A/N:
Confessions it is.

LikeVoteComment ☺☺☺