Chapter 11 * Unexpected

Julie

My feet are stretched out on the bed as I rest my head on my favorite pillow. Grabbing my earphones,I turn on my phone and clicked the music icon. Heartbeat song by Kelly Clarckson plays in as I raise the volume at 80%.

All of a sudden,the door flung open and banged.

Nick looked at me sternly and walked in the room without my permission. I bet if I was the one who intruded in his room he would be hysterical,wouldn't he? Or better yet,he'd get me into another humiliation,like what I've said.

Placing a notebook and a pen on my round table,he glances at me. "Get up if you want this over." Nick sits on the chair and flips the notebook open.

Why does he say that when he starts to be demanding? Is 'over' his favorite word or something? Or he's just really lazy that he wants everything to be over in seconds?

"Hey," I say out of curiosity as I get up from the bed. "I still don't know why you became an instant intruder?" I seated across him.

"Care for your words because this intruder is about to give you a passing score in Calculus." Nick says surly and commands me to get my calculus book,notebook and a few pieces of papers.

I gaped insurprise the moment I heard him say he's gonna help me pass the test. Because of that,I hugged him without even thinking as I screamed enthusiastically. He was so surprising that I couldn't resist giving him a tight embrace for seconds.

I could feel him looking at me with eyes widened and a bit thoughtless about the scene. My realization came and I gaped in anxiety and hurriedly took off my hands from him.

"What did you just do?" Nick says hastily.

"I-I-I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to." I stamper. "I'll go get my materials." I smile sheepishly and rushed to my bag.
Oh,gosh. What were you thinking,Julie?! Hugging him was the last thing you could do at that moment. Giving him a simple 'thanks' would be much much better than giving him a tight hug. Rather than being hysterical,you could've just acted like him,being bossy and all and hid your enthusiasm.

Bringing the book,notebook,and a few papers and a pen,I walk back to the table as Nick already looked impatient.
It was only a few seconds that passed by and he's already tired. No wonder he's always in a rush.

As I settle the materials on the table,he grabs my book and flips it open to the current lesson we have which is The Chain Rule. It's really hard and I couldn't understand it,and I hope Nick would really be a great aid for me. If so,this would be the most appreciative thing he'd do for me so far. He's just been here for a week and a half but he's starting to show his bright side. That's an achievment,you know? Next stop is to make this dark-head smile. The normal smile,not the teasing one or a smirk.

Nick hands me the book again and says,"Read it all and tell me what you don't understand.",he commands and leans on the chair relaxingly.

I look at him a bit nervous and believing that even if I read it all again,I still won't understand a thing. Furthermore,I can't tell him Jesse and I had gone over the lesson for numerous times but had no improvement. Well,I did have one impreovement. That is solving the simplest expression.

Nick stands up from his chair and goes over my computer. "I'll print out some examples while you do that." He says strictly as if he was really a teacher.

Now what am I gonna do? I will read this,yes,but I'm just afraid I might not get it again and Mr. Moore here might give me a sermon. He could do anything to me if I don't get the lesson. I can't believe I'm acting like a little kid frightened of a professor that he might get a little hard on me. Why am I being such a scaredy cat?