Chapter 8 * Scheme

Julie

As Nick parks the car,my heartbeats even more faster thinking this is the last thing I wanted to do in my life. Getting involved in illegal things,especially with a gangster. Nick was still wearing his clothes from earlier. I guess he still thinks about his own safety and his situation,which is more important than racing with bullies without even a single award just because of a single accident in school.

Caitin and Todd couldn't believe what had happend earlier with the both of them. Caitlin was worried about them,especially when I learned that Austin was Todd's cousinn,but Nick didn't know. And no,there's not a single chance that I'm telling him that or else his anger towards Austin will get to the highest level.

Nick looks at me with a questioning look as I anxiously gazed at the old racetracks holding a tight grip on my sling. It really looks dangerous.

"You know," I say as I raise one brow up playfully but with a little anxiety. "there still not here so..."

Nick breathes deeply. "Not a single step backward." He says sternly and walked ahead.

He really doesn't wanna back out,does he?

Before he could go any further,I breathed worriedly and caught up with him. As we walk side by side,we waited for them to come. It was still 9:30pm when I glanced at my watch. Nick suggested we should come early to be sure we won't be delayed,which he thought would not make them think he's gonna back out because he's the early bird.

But it's obvious he really won't. I mean,look at him. He's filled with a hundred percent determination to beat the guy. Nick says to Austin that he messed up with the wrong guy,but basically,they both messed up with the wrong guy. They're personalities are almost the same as one another,so they're probably have the same brains,both unreasonable to fight over dignity and pride.

At exactly 10pm,the other group arrived. It's like they've already arrived earlier but wanted to show up at exactly 10,being arrogant people. Showing us that it's the time we're suppose to arrive.

Austin is still same as the guy I knew before. The one that made me fall in love in such a young age,which is 8. I didn't know if it was love or puppy love,but thinking about him day and night,looking forward in seeing him everyday,and wanting to be his seatmate,makes me think I really fell for him. But when I grew older,I proved that I really did fall for Austin Prince. The guy I thought would really be my prince and knight in shining armor but turned out to be the one who caused my life a misery.

Now,my feelings are totally gone. And I don't wanna go back to the past with him. All I wish right now is that he won't do the things he did to me with Nick. His situation is enough for him and we can't add up anything to it. Atleast this could be the last one,after gis problem with Caitlin.

"Nick," I say automatically before they could come out of their cars. "we still have time to go." I shake his left arm and pleaded.

Nick looks at me irritably. "I already said no. Gangsters don't back out." He says scowling and stood up furiously,heading to the other guys.

I didn't wanna follow him anymore. Instead,I stayed at the bleachers,watching them greet eachother and looked like they were already pissing off Nick. The battle wasn't even up yet,but they were already starting to irritate him,consudering he was alone and they were tons of them supporting Austin.

I wish I didn't have to see this. This guy had just been here for a week but he's already being a troublemaker. Any minute from now,they're gonna start. And I'm afraid the policemen will be coming.

There were 2 cars on the starting line,one was Nick's and one was Austin's. The other guys were cheering and chanting for Austin,which was Nick's disadvantage in the game because he didn't have any support nor inspiration. And ofcourse,I coudln't be those two. Not without Jesse and Cody. I wanted them to come and they also wanted to but I insisted they shouldn't. If there was any trouble that could happen right now,which is expected,I didn't want them to get involved.

My anxiety grew even more higher every minute as I watched the guy holding the black and white flag between the two cars. I went nearer to get a closer look of the two. They were giving eachother glares and smirks.

The moment the the guy smacked the flag,the games began,which was the last part I wanted to happen at that moment.

Nick was immediately in the first place,but by bumping his car so many times,which caused Nick's car to lose control,Austin managed to go first. I always knew he was a cheater. A big bad cheater. Nick managed to control his car and got back in the game. They were still a couple of meters away from the finish line. I think they had to complete 3 laps? Oh,I was never good in racing. All I know about it is the first one who arrives in the finish line wins.

"Go Nick!" I shout,even if noone could already hear me because of the wild crowd below.

When Austin made a left turn at a slope,which was a little hard to pass by,Nick took the chance to speed up and go ahed of him. Now he was completely far away from him. Atleast that gave me a sigh of relief. It really doesn't matter to me who wins,I just wanna go home with Nick's body,alive.

After the 3rd laps,Austin was now in the furst place again. When is this gonn end? The crowd became wilder and fiercer. Keeping om cheering for their guy. But Nick was too determined that he speeded up and they were both racing side by side. Austin tried to bump his car and Nick did as well. Now it's becoming bumping cars. Great.

Finally,it was the last laps. They were still side by side as I grew paranoid and pessimistic. I don't wabt to be but I couldn't trust Austin's little group. They're really tricky and they like to play games.

Then I recalled,before the last laps,when Austin passes by the crowd,he blinked plaufully at one of his friends. And that only meant one thing.

Screeeeeeeeecccchhhhhh!!!!!!! Shrill!!!!

Those sounds were the next things I heard just in time Austin crossed over the finish line. Nick's car was the first one to cross but he ended up in the wall with his car upside down and the engine was smoking. I rushed to him immediately but three guys were starting to be barriers from helping Nick.

I already wanted to cry. "What are you doing? I need to go there!"

"Sorry,girl. Just doin' our job." He snickers and then a guy suddenly grabs me and carries me on his back.

As they did that,I saw Nick crawling out of his car while his head was bleeding. They threw me in the car and just in time we started driving away,I could hear cop's cars coming.

They schemed him. Austin did too much. Too much!

_________
A/N:
Sorry about the sounds 'screech' and 'shrill',I really didn't know if those were the right sounds of a car accident. But don't mind them anyway.

Like Vote Comment ☺☺☺Thanks!