Chapter 13 * Runaway

Julie

As the couple walks to the stairs heading to the entrance of the mall,I patted Nick's arm in panic. "Come,on. Let's go." I mumble,bowing my head down to keep cover.

We were outside the mall so basically,they're gonna pass by us. And I can't take the risk of them noticing me.

Nick looks at me thoughtless. "What's with you?" He says. "Are you now feeling what it's like to wait here for nothing? While you have fun their with yourself?"

"No time for arguments,handsome. Let's go." I muttered and grabbed his arm. But it was too late.

"Greene?!" A voice calls out. "Greene,is that you?!"

Greene? Great. She really is a brat. That's why I'm running away from her because her fiance is even bugged by her. She's a queen bee type of girl. That's why she looks like barbie and her fiance,Patrick,looking like Ken. Barbie and Ken was my first impressions of these two.

I'm running away because she's a brat,as I've said,and material things are super important for her. And it so happens that I designed and sew her a wedding dress,which I was suppose to be delivered last thursday but that's when Nick was in the hospital.

I forced a sheepish smile at her while she already looked furious. "You! You ruined our day! You ruined everything!"

Patrick looked worried and felt a little panic because her fiance is about to blow up again. He grabs her arm and calmed her down. But she was too furious.

"No!" She scowls. "I need the gown! I paid for it now give it to me!" Ariana demanded.

As Nick turned into bafflement,I felt panic and anxiety. "Ms. Colson,"

"See!" She says scornfully. "That Ms. Colson was supposed to be Mrs. Stevenson now! But because of you,all because of you,it didn't happen!" With her remarks,I almost thought she was turning into soemthing green. Could be hulk,or wicked witch. Sorry to say that.

Worst part was,she let go of the chains because of too much furiousness.

**********
"What did you do to that brat?! Did you do some crime to her?!" Nick asks,glancing at the dogs behind us.

"Are you kidding me?!" I say in disbelief. "I just owe her something!"

We're currently running away from Ariana's dogs wich are Jack and Bruno. Because the witch is so cruel,she let them run after us,even if it was just an accident that she let go of there chains. And guess what,she hilariously laughed at us when we went off with our feet.

Why is she so obsessed with a gown anyway? Furthermore,why is she blaming me for ruining there wedding? Okay. Maybe I did ruin a part of it but,they can still continue there wedding by finding another gown. I mean,it's not that easy,but if she reacts to it,she acts like I stole her fiance. It feels like it's not the gown anymore she's furious about.

Jack and Bruno were still behind us,eagerly waiting for each of their bites. We're already on the third block from the mall. Yes,that far. I guess dogs aren't asthmatic. But I am. Oh gosh,I forgot I am. That exlplains why I've been hardly heaving.

"Where can we hide?!" I ask,turning to Nick.

"Seriously?!" He says in disbelief. "You're asking me when you're the one who lives in this realm?!"

"Well,sorry!" I say. "You can't blame me when we're both running away from German sheppherds!"

He looks at me irritably. "Any dark place where drunkards and crimes are?"

"Seriously?!" I say in disbelief. He wants to get away from these dogs but feed hinself to drunkards and crime?
Way to go,Nick.

"It's 3pm in the afternoon for Pete's sake! Do you have one or not?!" Nick's tone rises up,growing tired and impatient.

Well,ofcourse we do. What place doesn't have a lair of danger?

I grin at Nick and direct,"Next block,beside Lilly's!".

"Run as fast as you ever could as you head there and when I say jump,"

"Jump,ofcourse." I grin playfully.

We did as Nick said and rushed to the next block. As soon as we got their,Nick grabbed my hand and said,"Jump!". Next thing we knew,we were in a large dump site bin filled with dirty plastic bottles. Atleast its just plastic bottles,no other gross stuff.

Together,we heaved in and out,
recovering from the marathon we had.
But my breathing wasn't normal anymore,I had an asthma attack before I could notice it started. Nick looked at me in panic as I buried my hand in my bag and grabbed my super puff.

"What's with you now? Don't tell me you have a heart attack or any disease?" He says in disgust. "Don't get any close to me if you do." Nick says and hops out of the bin.

I roll my eyes at him. "I have asthma,just so you know." I say when I find my normal breath. "And no,it's not a disease."

Nick breathes. "Come on. You're getting filthy in there."

"What?! Wait! What about the dogs?!"

"Don't be such a scaredy cat,Greene. You survived." He says.

"Tell that to yourself." I say teasingly and helping muself out of the bin.

"Hey!" He says in defense. "I ran because they were determined to eat us alive! I may be a gangster but I'm still human! And humans naturally have meat!" Nick turns away irritably.

"If that's what you say." I reply with a playful tone.

"Mock me all you want but you're the one who had an asthma attack because of it." Nick snickers and smirks at me.

Typical Nick. I feel like I know him so well already when he's just been here for almost two weeks. Yes,that long already. Obviously,he still hasn't recovered from his home. But in time,I know he will. And I think one thing that could help him adjust and somehow accept his situation,is have a bunch of friends or a friend itself.

________
A/N:
This is the shortest chapter I've made so far when I edited it. Just sayin' ☺

LikeVoteComment