Chapter 4 * Secret Identity

Julie

Shoot! Why did i have to be so clumsy? But wait,he's the one who grabbed the kettle and poured it to himself. But the worst part was I kind of froze there when I saw him topless,while his body was turning red.

But he can't blame me for acting like that. I've never seen a naked guy in my house before. All my life,it was just me and my dad. He was the only guy I saw topless or sweaty,aside from seeing some models in magazines or at the television.

Worst part,what if someone saw us in there while he was looking like that? People now a days are seriously dirty minded already. We couldn't take a chance of people creating rumors about us just because of what they saw.

I always say,do not critisize people when you don't even now the real story behind what you are critisizing about. In short,don't judge the book by it's cover.

After having a refreshing shower,I decided to visit the tree house again. I just love it there. Cool breeze,birds chirping,sunset and sunrise,
and an amazing view of the town.

I grabbed some snack from the refrigerator and soon,I already crossed the river.

His skin was damn flawless,adding his irresistable lips and cheekbones. And his dark black hair that the wind blew happily. I gotta say,this gangster is too handsome and charming to be one. Not that he doesn't look good as a gangster,because he totally looks good in wearing black amd dark clothes.

Speaking of black and dark clothes,and being a gangster,those two were big evidences that he really felt something deep inside. Behind that gangster-looking guy was a person who was feeling empty inside.

As I continue to investigate his hidden feelings,I didn't realize my face was already on top of his face. And them a teasing smile forms at the corner of his mouth. I automatically move away the moment he did that and acted normally. And then his phone rang.

I didn't realize I was already soothing his good qualities for too long. Spell awkward.

"Dude! Where are you?! You haven't shown yourself for twk days already!" I didn't mean to eavesdroo but his call was in loud speaker.

"I'm fine." Nick answeres strictly as he sat straight. As for me,I sat on a chair and tried to distract myself by surfing my phone,avoiding to hear their conversation. "I'm gonna be away for days cause---"

"Well,you're already away!" His friend cuts him off scornfully. It's obviously hisfriend. I could determine it from the sound of his voice.

"Don't shout!" He scowled irritably. "I'm gonna be back anyway. But I don't know when yet." He breathed stressfully. "Look Chase,I have to go. Don't tell anyone we talked."

"W-wait! Where are you?!"

"Bye." He put down his phone and looked straight at the view. I went near him with all confidence. "Uhm..." Nick glanced at me with his brows up and turned to the view again. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but,why didn't you tell your friend where you were? I mean,he looks like he's your bestfriend. Don't you trust him?" I raise my brows up as I gazed at him.

"I trust him,but not the people looking for me." He says without looking at me. "I can't risk their lives."

"So..." I tried to make him comfortable in talking to me. Maybe he could tell me his feelings. But I can't assume anything. He just met me. "you didn't regret in moving here."

"I didn't say that." He automaticay answers with a strict tone. "I just can't take the risk of losing them. Two are enough." I felt how much he loved his friends. How much he wanted to protect them.