Chapter 3 * Coffee Fight ☕

Julie

After his remarks,I didn't know what to say anymore. Why couldn't I move? I feel like he's the victim here.

"Julie?! What happend?!" Jesse came out of the room rubbing her eyes,still a sleepyhead.

"What's going on in here?!" Then dad came rushing in with big luggages on his hands. He put it down and went near us. "What happend?"

"I just felt hungry so I tried to look for some food in your refrigrator when this girl came and hit me with a basketball out of nowhere. Ugh." He groans and went to the couch holding his head that already turned red.

I glanced at dad with a confused look. Why didn't he react? Or shooed the guy? Does he know him? Don't tell me he's the guy he picked up at the city? Please,don't.

"That's one hot guy." Jesse blurted out as I looked at her with complete disbelief.

Dad sighed and went to get the ice pack and gave it to the guy. He glanced at me with a stressed look. "He's the guy I needed to pick up. He's your uncle Eddie's son."

"What? Why is he here?"

"Jesse,you should go back to bed. We're sorry for disturbing you." He glances at Jesse.

"Oh,that's fine Mr. Greene. I'll be back in bed." Jesse says blissfully.

We head to the kitchen and he started the story. "Your uncle Eddie was blamed to kill the wife of his employee before. He fired him because he accidentally burned his documents and now he wants to kill his son to get even."

"And he's here for protection?"

"Good girl." He pats me on the head with a grin. "The name's Nicholas McEntire and he's quite of a gangster since his mom died,that's what Eddie said. Now all you have to do is help him fit in and assume him another identity." Dad says as he glances at Nick. "Can you do that for me?"

I sigh irritably. "Do I have any choice?"

"I love you,princess." He gives me a kiss on the forehead and introduces us to eachother. "Nick,this is Julie,my daughter." He turns to me. "Julie,this is Nick."

He looked at me with his brows up,still irritated of what I did to him. I sheepishly smiled and brought all the confidence to say sorry about what happend. "Hi. I'm--I'm really sorry if---"
"You thought I was a thief or something and threw a ball on my head without any proof?" He cuts me off and says furiously. "Look," Nick says. "if you think you already got me,I'm afraid you haven't. I'm gonna get back to where I belong." He says to dad.

"Son,you can't. It's too dangerous." Dad says worriedly.

Nick snickers. "Danger? And what,this place is like a safe house to keep me away from it?" He says. "I think this place is danger." Nick glances at his surroundings,watching it like it was a bad thing. "Look at it! You're near the woods,and this is just bull!"

"Stop it,Nick! We're trying to protect you."

"So now you're being like my father,huh?"

I deeply sigh. This wasn't gonna be so easy,would it? It's his first night,for Pete's sake and he's acting like that. He's showing his true color already.

Well,let's look on the bright side. Atleast he's giving us a warning that he's not gonna give us a special treatment,but instead of complaining about it,I think it's better we'd give him that special treatment as a guest despite those attitudes.

Now that he's here,only one thought was answered among the two earlier. This was gonna be hard and a little risky,considering that we're dealing with killers or whatsoever. But why was there a part of me that felt glad about this? That was the only question left unanswered. And it's odd.