You are too, I pout in my brain. 

A few punches later, Kota is grunting. It must hurt. 

They seem to be having a conversation, but I'm too focused on Kota to make out what they're saying.

She breaths in again, and this time I feel chilliness around me.

A new breathing style.

I unknowingly bite my lower lip, not realizing I was biting it until I can taste the blood in my mouth. 

How did Kota, who I'm guessing just started training, create her own breathing style? I'm just sitting here with years of experience, still worse than this newbie. My brow furrows and I stand up from the rock, storming away.

I stop in my tracks. Why am I feeling jealous? I shouldn't be jealous of some... some... some- some girl!

"Yasu~! You seem to have a new mission tonight! You better get going! It's pretty far." Mitsuri-san exclaims, running up to me.

"Hm." I reply, grabbing the handle of my Katana. "I'll be off."

"Bye!" She waves, and I exit the butterfly mansion, my crow flying over me.

---

"CAW! WE ARE NEAR OUR DESTINATION!!" My crow squawks, flying ahead of me. 

Mitsuri-san was right. This town was far.

Up ahead I can see some lights here and there. This village must be a small one. 

Entering the village, I spot a few people walking around. I ask them about strange things happening around the village. 

"Why, yes!" One woman says, cleaning her shop. "Young children have been going missing around here. Boys and girls... between the ages of five to ten I believe. I don't have a child of my own, but my neighbor's son went missing a few nights ago."

"Is there anywhere specific this kidnapping might've happened?" I question, processing the words in my head.

"Most of the children were last heard from at the edge of the village," She answers, turning to face me. "There is a destroyed school by the area. It was destroyed when people from other villages came attacking us."

I nod. "Thank you for this information. It was really helpful."

"You should be careful too. You also seem young." The lady furrows her eyebrows, patting my shoulders.

A small smile form on my lips. "Of course. Don't worry about me. Have a good night!"

I walk out of the shop, waving back at the kind lady. She doesn't go back in until I'm out of sight.

Asking other people for directions, I slowly made myself to the ruined area. The moon is shining dimly above my head.

I squint to see better. I can make out a building. A creepy one.

A shiver goes down my spine. Hell no. Why all these places? Alone? At night? Where demons lurk?

Trying my best to step soundlessly, I walk even slower, approaching the school.

Everything was wrecked. There were pieces of wood near the ground. But the strange thing was, the door was perfectly fine. It looked new. 

I slid open the door and widened my eyes at the sight of this unbelievable building. I look around the door. Everything was wrecked. I glanced back inside to the doorway. Everything was perfectly fine.

It was sorta dark in there, only a few candles lighting up the hallways. I gulped. I don't like the aura of this place.

Perking up my ears, I swear I faintly heard something... kids! The kids are in there, saying something I can't make out. I have to get in there.

Stepping inside a demon's cave, I inhaled a sharp breath before continuing my way inside.

The floor made uneasy creaks each time I took a step. I winched at each one.

Strangely, there was only one room considering such fine, demon art building. Peeking inside, I saw rows of desks filled with children. The missing children!

I braced myself as I entered the room. 

"Oh, another new student~?" One demonic voice called out, and all the children's heads turned its focus to me. I freeze.

My eyes dart around the room and finally land on a demonic figure. 

"What are you doing to them?" I ask, hands on my Katana.

"Oh!" The demon chuckles, walking up to the chalkboard, her heels clicking. "It seems like this one is a smart one! Right, children?"

"Yes, Sensei." All the children say at the same time. Is this part of her blood demon art? Controlling, uh, little kids?

I unleash my sword. "I'm not here to learn some-" I glance at the board, "some stupid math. Who does that?"

I see the demon's eyes widening a little. "Demon slayer? This'll be interesting!"

The student's (or the poor kidnapped children) all stood up, facing me.

"That's creepy. At least have some life in your eyes." I mumble, positioning myself for battle.

But how am I supposed to not hurt them? They're innocent, just being controlled. 

They all charge me sloppily. One of them tries to swat me away with their slow movement, but I get out of the way.

Just some children-distractions, huh? I can manage this.

Swifting around the spaces between them, I managed to make my way to the chalkboard where the demon was standing. 

"How cool!" She chuckles, revealing her sharp teeth. "But I must say, if I eat other demons, I gain their ability. I make it stronger."

Wait, what?

Suddenly a bunch of dolls appeared before my face. Isn't this the demon I slaughtered before?

"Yes," The demon answered as if she was reading my mind. "I was there when you slaughtered it. I took advantage over the body right after you left."

The dolls climb over me and start biting me. I grunt and rip one of their heads off just like last time. That'll do.

"That won't do." The demon chuckles. Huh?

I look back at the doll to see it's regenerating. Shoot! 

I brush off as many dolls as I can. I've gotten many serious injuries, making me bleed lots.

I feel light-headed.

"Do you admit defeat?" The demon snarls, a demonic smile forming on its lips.

Use a breathing technique.

I breathe in deeply, but the feeling is slightly different. Like two of my breathing style mixing together in a bowl.

I raise my sword, feeling the oxygen travel through my body.

Eclipse breathing, first form; Align.