Kyojuro x Yasu (Pt. 1)

3rd ENDING

Aged up, because- y'know.

Requested by: RenaKavon

"Guys!" Senjuro comes running towards us from afar, balling his eyes out. He jumps up and wraps his arm around both of us. "I thought you guys were never coming back andohGodI'mlosingmybreathohmygoodnessdidyoudoitdidyouwinIthinkImightneedtotakeamomenttobreatheorelseI'mgoingtodie-"

I pat his back. "Okay, okay. You'll get lightheaded if you continue. Take a moment to breatheeeeee..."

"huhuh-uhuhduh-fisuheif-udhfuh-suhdfsuhdfufus-hudfhus.... okay I'm good now." Senjuro sighs. "You guys did it? Is there any injuries?"

"Kyojuro got some injuries but we checked with Aoi. He'll be okay in a few days." I reply.

"Let's get inside." Senjuro says, but stops. "Father has been waiting for you guys to get home."

"Father?" Kyojuro tilts his head. "Why would he-"

I nudge him. "Hey, that's good news!"

"Right." He chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Senjuro, get off of Yasu."

"Oh- I'm sorry!" Senjuro apologizes, jumping off.

"It's fine, it's fine." I shake my head, walking inside to the flame hashira's yard.

We become silent, and only the crunching of dirt and rock could be heard. 

"Kyojuro?" The thick voice of Rengoku-san comes from his room. "Come in here, I need to talk to you."

Kyojuro glances over at me and I shrug, gently pushing him towards the room. He takes one deep breath and heads in.

---

"...and that kind of summarizes all that happened!" I finish, slapping my hand down on my knees.

"Whoa!" Senjuro exclaims, clapping his hands. "So we just need to kill off the remaning demons, and we're good?"

"Yep! Peace forever from now on." I sigh, laying down on the floor.

"So will the breathing styles be cut off too?"

I stare at the night sky. "I- I guess so. At least we don't have to deal with those stupid demons anymore, right?"

"..yeah. But-" Senjuro scratched his chin. "Many slayers that stopped by after the battle said that they're kind of.. upset. They liked the interesting and dangerous life they were having. Of course, I'm glad that this is all over." 

"I guess it was an adventure." I rest my hand on my forehead. "When is Kyojuro coming? It's been hours."

Senjuro shrugs. "I guess they're having a deep talk."

-

"I'm sorry for taking so long!" Kyojuro comes out, smiling. "I-"

Senjuro was asleep, and I was right next to him about to drift into dreamland.

"How was the talllk?" I saw drooly, blinking slowly.

"You're sleepy!" He laughs, crouching down.

I frown. "No I'm noooot.."

"Come on," He lifts me up bridal style, heading into my room.

"But I want to talk with youu.." I groan, hitting on his arm.

"Tomorrow." He simply replies, laying me gently on my futon. "Sweet dreams!"

---

Kyojuro standing by a pond
Walking up to him
Hugging him tightly
Him spinning me round and around
Sun shining down our backs
Laughter filling the open space