Tanjiro x Yasu (Pt. 3)

1st ENDING

Yasu's POV

"What?" I stutter, studying the boy in front of me.

"Well.." Kamado-kun looks down at the floor. "You just seem to be distanced from me ever since the battle with Kibutsuji."

"Oh God, no!" I shake my head.

"Then why do you stay away from me?"

Because it feels awkward. Because it feels wrong. Because I can't stop looking at you once I start. Because I can't stop my heart from beating too fast. Because every time I look at you, I never want to let you out of my sight.

Whoa, what was that all swooshing through my brain just now? Am I overreacting?

My cheeks and ear become hot, and I turn to the color of a bright red tomato. 

Kamado-kun frowns. "Are you okay? You seem a little ill.."

"I'M GOOD!" I blurt, making him flinch.

"Are you sure?" He looks concerned, then lifts his arm to touch my forehead.

Which obviously makes things worse.

My face can now finally cook an egg.

"Oh my-" He widens his eyes. "You're burning!"

"But I'm okay! See? I'm not coughing!" I swat his arm away, a little too forcefully then I have planned. 

He stays still for awhile, then lowers his arms.

I didn't hurt him, did I?

I definitely hurt his feelings because his aura completely changed.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean-"

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean it." He glances away.

I should be known for making things worse.

"I just don't get why your behavior changes around me. Am I that uncomfortable to hang out with?" He looks broken into pieces. My heart shatters too.

"You're not uncomfortable- It's that- I'm making myself uncomfortable." I try to explain, but I don't think it's working very well.

"You don't have to make yourself uncomfortable."

I know that, but it just doesn't work that way.

"I don't think there are any demons in this town," He suddenly changes the subject. "Let's go back. I need to check on Nezuko anyway."

"Alright." I agree, then follow him towards back to the Eclipse mansion.

---

"Onii-chan! You're back!" Nezuko comes running out, throwing her arms around both of us. 

I'm still getting used to her talking. It's a bit awkward, but the place seems brighter when she's around.

"Was Zenitsu bothering you?" Kamado-kun asks, narrowing his eyes at the blonde boy peeking his head out of the hallway.

"Not really," She replies, looking back at Agatsuma-kun. "He was actually fun to hang out with! I love his bird! He also went flower picking with me."

I snicker. "What a gentleman~!" 

"I'll have a one-on-one talk with him tonight. I'll need to go over some things..." Kamado-kun walks over to Agatsuma-kun, then drags him into his bedroom shutting the door behind him.

Now I'm left alone with Nezuko.

"Do you want to hang out in your room?" Nezuko asks, turning to me.

"Sure," I answer, leading her to my room, closing the door behind me.