F o u r

Yasu's POV

"A slayer?" I ask, surprised. I never had any training for anything. Can I really become one? 

"Yeah!" Senjuro perks up, almost knocking over his bowl. "You can train with me!"

I think about it for a little. "But... I don't know anything-"

"It's okay! Everyone starts like that!" Rengoku-san grins. "Do you want to?"

I bite my lip. I'm so young though... It sounds really dangerous being a slayer...

Then I remember the demon back at my home. My aunt. 

I squeeze my eyes shut. "O-okay. I'll try!"

Rengoku-san smiles, and cleans up our bowl. "We'll start after you get changed into more comfortable clothes!"

My head shoots up. "E-eh?"

Senjuro grabs my wrist. "Come on. I'll give you my spare clothes." 

He drags me to his room, and starts digging into his closet. He throws his clothes everywhere, some landing on my head.

"Aha! Here it is." He holds out a comfortable looking shirt and pants. I laugh a little. He has clothes on his arm and head. 

He tilts his head in confusion, but shakes his off. I take the clothes from his hands. 

"Uwah! Sorry, I made such a mess!" Senjuro panics, finally realizing what mess he made.

"No, no. It's fine. I'll get changed now." I smile slightly and leave his room. I quietly make myself to the guest room where I am staying. I shut the door behind me, and quickly change out of my kimono.

After I'm done, I move around to see how it feels. It feels really light and comfy. I make myself out to the backyard. The Sun looks like it's about to set.

"Ah! I'm glad one of Senjuro's spare clothes fit you!" Rengoku-san laughs. He took his cape off. I can study his uniform now. There's something written on the back. Too bad I can't really read.

"Sorry! I was cleaning up the mess I made in my room." Senjuro shouts, running out. I realized that both of them has their hair up for training.

I take off my hair tie placed on my right wrist. I hold it with my mouth while I get my hair ready, bringing them together into a simple ponytail. I tie it around three times, making sure it's steady. 

"Okay. Hmm.." Rengoku-san rubs his chin. "Lets see where you are at, Yasu. Who knows, you might be really skilled with this stuff! You'll fight Senjuro."

"Eh? But I'm not that strong-" Senjuro mutters, and glances over at me. "At least I trained a little... Yasu didn't."

"Worrying about her, hey?" Rengoku-san jokes, poking Senjuro. The poor boy's face turns red.

"Stop it!" He defends, covering his face. "It's normal for a person to worry!"

"Okay, okay. I apologize. It's hand to hand combat, by the way. Yasu, tell him to stop if you're actually hurting."

I nod, nervous. But I feel something tingly inside my body. I feel like I know how to do this. Confidence? No.

Senjuro charges at me, and I read his movements. Straight-ahead attack.

Wait, how do I know that?

I swiftly move to the side, making dust rise as I slide off to the side. 

"Whoa," Senjuro exclaims. "Maybe I can skip this part-" 

He charges me once more, slightly faster this time. He zigzags back and forth, making it harder to concentrate. I don't dare leave my eyes off of him. He suddenly disappears from view.