Reborn - Kota/Inoru x Yasu (Pt. 2)

2nd ENDING

Yasu's POV

I sigh as I'm walking towards the office. I need my dad right now, I'm so tired.

The gym was a nightmare. 30 laps in 10 minutes? How do they expect us to do that? Plus, their gym is huge

I open the door to the staircase when I bump into someone. Someone tall. 

"Oof-" I rub my head, looking up. "I'm sorry-"

"Watch out next time," The person speaks with an icy tone, and turns around to face me.

Plum-red eyes with raven hair. He would look better if he had a softer expression, but no. His face is very cold-looking.

"I'm sorry! You're the one standing by the door," I mumble, looking away.

"Is that a way to talk to a school secretary?" He keeps his face neutral, but his vibes are.. scary.

Suddenly, a hand lands on the scary-dude's shoulders. He freezes.

Dad!

"Maybe leave my daughter alone, Kibutsuji?" He pats the secretary on the shoulders and take my hand. "I'll be on my way."

-

"I don't like that secretary," I frown. "He's so scary and rude."

"I don't like him either." Dad laughs. "What do you need me for?"

I shrug. "Gym was so tiring so I wanted to rest. We have a 10 minute break before the next class anyway."

He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a chocolate bar. He tosses it to me. "Here you go."

I catch it and quickly unwrap it. "Thanks, dad!"

"Mhm. Get to class now." He looks down at his watch. "I have to get going anyway."

I wave as he walks by. Time to find my next class.

---

A few weeks later, I'm very close with Kota. I don't care how I act around her or how I look. She doesn't either.

We always have lunch together and share them. We always get in trouble at the same time. Some people say that we're in the exact same body, acting all the same all the time.

I got to know her dad, actually, her stepdad more. He was also part of a big company. He told me he just likes teaching history. Teaching is his "side job". 

Her mother is beautiful. So kind and charming. She always makes me feel welcome. Also, she knows how to calm Inosuke down, Kota's twin brother, which is a relief. 

So far I love this school. People are friendly here! Well, most of them at least. 

My dad's been doing a good job according to Ubuyashiki-sama, which is great.

I can't believe it was starting to get much warmer.

------------------- 

Few months have passed, and I made a lot of new best friends. 

Mostly they were Kota's friends, but you know, they're my friends too.

I actually made a list with their information on it. I know it's weird, but I have to remember.

Kamado Tanjiro - 15, is sweet and kind. Always wear a smile on his face. Has red hair with a scar on his forehead.

Kamado Nezuko - 14, siblings with Tanjiro. She is talkative, nice and always has some food in her bag. Has orange tips on her hair which makes her more adorable!

Agatsuma Zenitsu - 16, a simp. He is obsessed with girls, but he's really kind and understanding. He's blonde and always checks people's uniforms before they enter the school.

Hashibira Inosuke - 15, Kota's twin brother. Very loud and love fights, but can be caring. Black hair fading to blue. His clothes are always kind of revealing, which I don't get how he doesn't get dress-coded.

Hashibira Inoru (or Kota) - 15, Inosuke's sister. Very nice and extroverted. She hangs out with me the most. Looks exactly like her mom. My personal favorite.

Those were my BEST friends. I have some other friends that I hang out with sometimes.

Tokito Muichiro - 14, quiet and always sleepy. My cousin. He can be boring sometimes, but I like to hang out with him.

Kocho Shinobu - 16, kind but sort of dull. She can be annoying sometimes because she'll always have some kind of excuse. Has a sister, Kocho Kanae.

Tsuyuri Kanao - 15, quiet and calm. With Shinobu most of the time. Dislikes Kota (for some reason).

Then there are my enemies I hate.

Daki (Ume) - 15, bratty and spoiled by her brother. Crybaby. She doesn't know how to do anything, and judges people by their looks. 

Gyutaro - 16, Daki's brother. He always starts fights and talks back to the teacher. Always protects his sister, and gets her spoiled.

Hantengu - 16, can't really control his emotions. Random emotions will come out of him. I try and stay away. He's not bad, but can get aggressive. 

Kaigaku - 16, hates Zenitsu. According to Zenitsu, Kaigaku always made fun of him. Always grumpy and love fights. Hates our friend group.

I put down my papers and pull out my phone. 

4:00 PM

My friends should arrive soo-

Ding dong!

There they are.

I leap down the stairs and fling open the front door, revealing Kota and Inosuke.

"Hey!!" I welcome them, taking their stuff. "Girls are going to go upstairs to my room, and the boys get the large guest room in the basement."

"DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN FIGHT DOWN THERE?" Inosuke yells, storming in.

"Hey! Takes off your shoes first, idiot!" I shout, grabbing him by the ear.

"URGH!" He grunts, taking hostage over my arm. "ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME?"

"Oh please, you two. Stop acting like an old married couple and just get inside." Kota groans, taking off her shoes. 

We glare at each other before letting go. 

"The Kamado siblings must be close, yeah?" I ask, fixing my hair. Do I look weird right now? Wait, why do I care?

"They should be." Kota checks her phone. "They said they'll be here in 10 minutes, and that was 5 minutes ago when they sent it."

"Let's get set up first, then!" I grab Kota's backpack and make my way up the stairs.

I raise my leg to step on the last step, but the bag's strip tangles on my ankles and mess with my balance, making me tumble backwards.

Oh shoot. I should've held the strip. Now I'm going to fall and bash my head open and the Kamados will freak out and I will go to the hospital and there's a chance I'll probably die-

I shut me eyes, waiting for the pain.

But.. it didn't come.

Instead of the pain, I something warm wrapped around my upper torso.

"Are you good?"

I slowly open my eyes to meet a pair of soft emerald ones.

I have never been this close to anyone.