T w e n t y - t h r e e

Yasu's POV

Kocho-san makes her way to Uzui-san, examining his figure. "Uzui! You look worn out, but no poisons like the crow told me, huh?"

She scans around the area, and fixes her gaze on Douma. Her face turns cold.

Another battle? Maybe.

"Hee~... Kocho-san!" Douma giggles, blushing. 

Um, there is a minor here.

"What is that thing doing here? I thought you guys were fighting uppermoon 6, not this scumbag." Kocho-san snarls, her smile fading slightly.

"Awh~! She's talking about me~!!" Douma laughs.

"Please," The insect pillar smiles.

"Kocho-san smiled at me!"

"Go to hell."

Whoaaa. I giggle as I watch from above them.

I hear a faint string of biwa being struck, and Douma disappears. 

"Whew!" Kocho-san sighs, and goes back to examining Uzui-san.

At the corner of my eye, I see Kota and Kamado-kun walking away. 

I jump down from the roof and walk over to the two pillars.

"Yasu!" Uzui-san looks up and spots me. "When did you arrive?"

"I'm kind of surprised you didn't sense me." I smile. "I followed you guys here. Saw you guys enter this town."

Uzui-san forms an '0' with his mouth.

"I should get going. Rengoku-san might be looking for me. The battle was great, by the way." I compliment and start walking the other way.

---

A few minutes after I arrive, the trio, Kota, Uzui-san and Kocho-san arrive. I'm sitting beside Rengoku-san, but I don't think anyone notices. They're too busy talking and chattering.

Kota runs over to the water pillar and hugs him tight. "Tomioka-san! I'm back!"

"It was quiet without you. I liked it."

Kota pouts, frowning. 

Rengoku-san glances at them. "Why does Kota never act like that around us?" He asks, raising his eyebrow.

They stay silent.

I furrow my brows. How rude.

"So," Kocho-san starts. "To sum this up, what I heard from Uzui, is that they came across uppermoon six--"

"They always get the stronger ones," Shinazugawa-san grumbles, interrupting. 

"--and they managed to behead them." Kocho-san finishes.

The pillars congratulate them. 

"Oh right- something I forgot to mention..." The insect pillar speaks softly, looking over at Kota.

I know what's on her mind.

"What is it, Kocho?" Rengoku-san asks, smiling still. He puts an arm around my shoulders to keep me warm. It can be a bit chilly when you're sitting still. Also there's a slight breeze in the air today.

"We came across uppermoon 2."

And there she goes.

Everyone starts to chat among themselves. Rengoku-san looks concerned. He tightens his grip around me.

I glance over to Kota, who is clenching her fist. Tomioka-san gently lays his haori over her shoulders. How sweet of him.

Everyone stares at the two quiet people, soft gazes lingering around them.