F i f t e e n

Yasu's POV

"Yasu," Tanjiro-kun's voice startles me, and I focus back on him. "I have to go back. I'll meet you when you come back?"

I nod. "Yep! Thank you again!"

He tells me it's no problem and walks away.

I walk towards the alleyway, peeking inside before stepping into the shadows. "You all here?"

I hear shuffling, so I'm assuming they're here. My eyes adjust to the dark, and I can see their figures.

It's awkward in the silence. I decide to speak up a little.

"So- Ahem- look at this flute Tanjiro-kun got me-" I stutter, holding it out. "He's very kind."

The weirdest conversation I've ever started in my entire life. I'm sure they'll say 'woohoo, flutes!'

"...you better... go do your... patrol..." Kokshibo finally speaks up. He's speaking so softly that I thought I was mistaken.

"Oh," I mumble. "Got it. Thanks for- not- killing me-"

I wave and Akaza waves back. The six-eyed demon is just staring into his hands. He's holding something, but I can't figure out what it is.

Stepping back into the brightly-lightened streets, my nerves calm down a little.

I just want to go back home.

---

My shift is finally over. Some other demon slayers came and told me they're going to patrol from now on, which was fine with me.

I'm walking back to the butterfly mansion. Time to get some rest and get my wounds checked up if I have any. I can also hang out with Tanjiro and his friends! They seem really, um, active

I enter the gate of the butterfly mansion. The sun began to rise, but I'm tired. 

"Kocho-san?" I call out, entering their yard. 

I hear shuffling inside of the mansion, and the insect pillar comes out holding a med kit.

"Ara ara, Yasu! You've come back! Do you need me for something?"

I walk over to her, and take off my shoes. "Yes. I wanted to check if I got any injuries."

"Alright! Follow me."

---

No injuries. That's great!

"Even though you have no injuries," Kocho-san says, wiping her hand on her cloth. "You must take a rest. You seem tired, and in this condition you might faint on your way home."

"Alright!" I answer, getting up. 

"There is a spare bedroom next to Tanjiro's. It might be a little loud, but I hope you understand." 

"That'll do."

I follow her into the hallways, turning left and right so many times that I lost track. I hear loud noises coming from one room. That must be where Tanjiro and his friends are staying.

Kocho-san slides open the door next to their room. "Here. Night clothes are in that closet along with the best sheets. The bathroom is around the corner there."

I bow. "Thank you!"

She nods and leaves me to rest. I enter the room and open the closet, grabbing the bed sheets. I lay them out neatly on the floor before plopping down on it. 

"Oh wait," I mumble, looking down at my dirty uniform. "Ew-"

Getting up again, I change quickly into the clothes Kocho-san prepared me. They're much better for sleeping.

"UAHHHH!" I hear a scream and jump from my spot. 

Walking out, I slide open the door next to mine revealing the three chaotic friends. 

"Hello, Tanjiro-kun!" I wave at the red-haired boy sitting down at one of the bed sheets, trying his best to ignore the two maniacs running around the room.

He looks up, spots me, and smiles. "Hey Yasu! Done with your patrolling? Come, come! Sit!"

I go over to Tanjiro, avoiding the two guys fighting each other. Actually, only one is trying to fight and the other one is screaming.

"These two fight a lot I'm guessing?" I ask, bringing my knees to my chest, wrapping them with my arms.

He sighs. "Yes. They are like two misbehaving children. Zenitsu is one year older than me. Not to be mean, I didn't know he was older until he told me what year he was born."

"I can't believe it," I shake my head, laughing. "I always thought you were the oldest."

"Yasu-chan? Hi!!" Agatsuma-kun notices me, and comes sliding over. 

"Hello, Agatsuma-kun!! How are you?" I ask, smiling.

"I'm doing fine, thank youuu!!" He giggles, flowers appearing around him. 

"My room is right beside yours. We can visit!" I laugh, enjoying their presence. They're awesome.

The boar guy doesn't have his mask on. I grab his shoulders and force him to sit.

"You don't have a mask anymore! I can finally see your-" I stop, my eyes darting around his face.

"What?" He glares, frowning.

"Nothing- uh- it's just- you look more pretty than me-" I sputter. He looks like a girl!

Tanjiro smacks my head a little. "Don't say that!"

"Ow! Sorry!" I rub the back of my head. "I think I should rest now, I can feel my mind shutting down. I can't process anything."

"Alright." Tanjiro-kun nods, patting my shoulders. "Get plenty of rest!"

"Yeah, Yasu-chan!" Agatsuma-kun wriggles beside me, holding my hand. "Get plenty of rest so I can see that angelic face of yours!"

"O-kay. Bye!" I answer. Agatsuma-kun is sure special. 

Making myself to my room, I shut the door behind me. I sigh, sitting down at my bed sheet. My head meets the pillow, and as usual, they are a perfect match.

I can hear the boy's room sliding open, and someone stepping out. Possibly Tanjiro-kun who had enough of the other's foolishness. I understand.

I close my eyes. I know I'm half-asleep, because I can hear the outside noises while not processing them. I'm just lost in my mind right now. 

---

I don't know how much time has passed. I've zoned out, but I can hear the loud commotion coming from the next room.

I can't sleep like this.

Groaning, I pull myself up from the warmth of the sheets. I scurry to my feet and slowly slide open the door. The chilly air of the hallway greets me. I shiver.

My eyes are half-lidded. I rub them and blink, then blink again. There. 

I raise my arm and grab the door. "Ugh," I mutter, slide opening it. "What's happening now?"

I scan the room to see Tanjiro-kun there, looking lifeless. It must be very stressful. The boar mask guy is jumping. 

Trailing over Agatsuma-kun, I see a familiar figure hugging another girl. My mind processes for a moment until I realize who she is.

I widen my eyes. 

There is absolutely no way Kota escaped the hands of uppermoons.