Kyojuro x Yasu (Pt. 2)

3rd ENDING

I blink, processing the situation. He pulls me up, securing me onto my feet.

He dashes towards the demon again, leaving me behind. My feet feel like they're glued to the ground right now. I quickly cover my face with my hands, trying to cool off the temperature. 

"Can't you use your Eclipse breathing? It'll really help!" Kyojuro shouts, swaying his sword.

"But-" I start, grabbing my sword from the ground. 

That breathing style takes a lot of energy, and it'll decrease my heartbeat.. It's actually a really dangerous technique. I was able to use it before because I was prepared, and I also trained a lot.

Kyojuro gets pushed down to the ground by a giant hand, making dusts fly everywhere and Senjuro shriek in fear.

Okay, here it goes.

Eclipse breathing, first form; Align

Making a circular motion, the force slashes the demon's neck completely. 

I did it, but..

I take one deep breath. My lungs refuse it.

My head hurts.

A high-pitched noise fill my ear, making me tumble. I knew I should've trained with this breathing technique. I didn't warm up before this.

"Yasu!" Kyojuro gasps, running over to me.

My vision starts to darken. "I'll be fine. My body was just not ready for it, that's all. I just need rest-.."

And the lights lingering before my eye turns off.

---

Lights. Bright lights.

"Mm.." I groan, forcing my eyes to open. The sunlight blinds me for a second, but I adjust to it a second later.

I pull myself up, feeling my forehead. A wet towel has been placed there. I take it off, sighing. How much time has passed?

The door slides open, and Senjuro walks in. He's holding a tray with a bowl of water on it. Probably for the towel.

He tries not to spill the water, looking up carefully just after. He drops the whole tray and runs over to me.

"YASU!! YOU'RE FINALLY AWAKE!!!" He hugs me tight and wails loudly into my ear. Oh gosh-

I pull out of the hug, still shocked by the loud shout that came out of Senjuro. "I'm fine, I'm fine. How much time- or days has passed?"

"About a day and a half. Not as bad as the doctor thought, though."

I bolt up from the bed. "I WASTED A DAY AND A HALF?"

"Senjuro?" The door slides open, and Kyojuro appears. "Is everything- Yasu! You're awake!"

"I wasted a whole day and a half. What-"

"You passed out, the doctor came and checked on you. He said you might wake about a week later. But I guess you woke up a little before that." Senjuro shrugs. "I'm glad, though."

Kyojuro places his hands on my head. "There's no fever. You're not burning, so I think it's good now- Oh goodness me! You're burning again!"

"I-" I stutter, quickly pushing his hand away. "I'm fine! It's just the sunlight.."

He nods. "The sun is very bright and nice today."

Senjuro looks at me and his brother back and forth. He blinks, then-

"OH-" Before he could continue, I seal his mouth with my hands. 

"Everything okay-" Kyojuro frowns a little.

"Yep! Everything is fine. Senjuro, lets go visit the Mochi store!"

Without waiting for a reply, I drag him out to the Mochi shop near the flame estate.

I let him go, and he bursts out laughing. "I've seen these in books!"

"No you didn't and you will shut up about it." I cross my arms. "How many Mochis do you want?" I ask, hoping this'll make him forget about the topic.

"I'll take two."

I order, and give the pieces to Senjuro who starts nibbling on the first one.

"I'm just a professional with these topics. So." Senjuro crosses his fingers against one another. "Tell me about it." (Senjuro the love expert. Who needs help? 😂)

Shoot. The delicious Mochi still didn't distract him. 

"Tell you what? I have nothing to tell. Also, those romance books are not reality." I argue.

"It sure is! If you make it like that." He wiggles up to me and grabs my sleeves. "When will you tell him?"

I shrug him off. "I don't like him!"

"You do!"

"I don't!"

"Do!"

"Don't!"

"Do!!"

"Don't!!"

"Don't!"

"Do!-"

Senjuro snickers at the trap I've got myself into.

"You little-"

"It's fineeee!" Senjuro giggles. "My brother is sweet, caring, bright-"

"OKAY, STOP." I shout, making him zip his mouth. I sigh. "Okay, maybe I do like him a little bit.."

"I knew it." Sejuro claps slowly. "I'm a genius."

"Don't tell him though." I warn, giving him the bombastic side eye. ;)

"Meh, it doesn't really matter, does it?"

I glare at him. "Don't. you. dare."

"Why?" He takes the last Mochi out, and bites into it. "Doesn't he like you too?"

----------

HEE-HEE~!

Very short-like-Shinobu update, but it's something.

I have a science test tomorrow.. please help....