"So gullible." I chuckle before pulling away and I hold up a black box. "Open it, dummy." I deadpan and he takes the gift before sitting down.

I sit next to him before Martha, Miles, Lois and Chloe join us. Chloe takes out her camera and Clark opens the box, revealing an amulet with sapphire in the middle.

"Wow." Lois's eyes widen.

"Holy shit." Miles whispers.

"Brianna, that's...that's beautiful." Chloe scoffs.

"Your father was born in September. Sapphire is his birthstone. Had it custom made." I nod and Clark pulls me into him.

"Thank you." Clark whispers and rocks me back and forth.

"You're welcome." I place my hand on the back of his head and he squeezes me. "C'mon." I whisper in his ear before I pull away.

I gently take the necklace out of the box. I unlock the chain and I wrap the necklace around his neck. I lock the chain and gently place the amulet in middle of his chest.

"Happy birthday, Kent." I grin and he smiles before hugging me again.

   •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hello, Brianna." Lionel sits down at the counter as I refill someone's coffee.

"I never thought I'd say this but, usual?" I set the coffee pot down.

"Yes, please."

"Okay." I pour him some water. "If you came here for another Lex debacle, you can take your food to go."

"No, no, it's not about Lex. I read the papers. You found the Wayne killer. You're the youngest cop in any department, ever. That is very huge. I always knew you'd be destined for great things. Since the day you traded places with Martha and saved my life. The GCPD and Mister Wayne are very lucky. Your mother must be thrilled."

"Her anxiety is actually through the roof, but if you skim that off, yeah, she's, uh, she's smiling more often." I grab the stuff from the kitchen and bring it out to make his sandwich. 

"Brianna, she's proud of you. We all are. Your father would be too. And he is." Lionel nods.

"He didn't even know what my favorite cereal was. He was never a father, nor a dad. Now, you wanna tell me the real reason you're here?" I make his sandwich.

"I assume Clark has told you about the girl in the hood?"

"Yeah, he's mentioned her a few times. You wanna bribe me into finding out who she is? If so, sorry, I don't work that way. Badge or not."

"Oh, I know. I would never. She saved me a few weeks ago. And I already have my concreted theory."

"Well, if she saved your life, then your concreted theory's gotta be ninety nine percent wrong." I finish making his sandwich and grab a knife to cut it.

"I wouldn't be so sure. I'm looking at it as we speak." He tells me and I look up, locking eyes with him.

"You need anything else?" I set the plate down in front of him.

"Just an answer to my question. Were you the one who told Clark that I knew about his secret?"

"No. And I don't what you're talking about."

"So you told Martha, then. It's okay, I understand. You don't trust me, and I've never given you a reason to. You wanna do everything you can to protect Martha, and Clark. And you have been. For years, haven't you? You've known for a long time. And it was you, always swooping in at just the right moment. Saving Lex, the switching of the blood sample Helen took those few years ago. It was all you, wasn't it?"