Chapter - 74 Can you stay with me?

Start from the beginning

Her eyes got moist on hearing Ruh name as only her choti maa and Kavya who are close to her heart call her by her nickname. She hurriedly turned at him and embraced him tightly clenching his shirt in his fist. She felt at peace in his warm embrace. She had put her head on his chest as she could now feel his heartbeat. She didn't want to accept but whenever she embraced him she finds peace like the first time she embraced him at Kamal's house. Seeing her hugging him tightly, he let go of her wrist and she held him tightly. She wasn't sobbing, but he could feel dampness on his chest.

He started caressed her head to calm her still embracing her, and asked, "Ruhi, tell me. What's happened to you?"

Ruhi observed their position hearing his voice. Her mind was telling her to go away now from him but her heart was not ready for that. She wanted to hug him for a little longer as she was now started feeling safe in his presence. And today when Bindu was talking bad about her character, she loved how he spoke in her favor. She was feeling special now as how he giving her importance just like her choti maa. Thinking that more tears started pricking from her eyes and her hold got more tighter on his shirt.

Caressing her head, Ernest remembered her words when she was talking with Radhika when she was asking her forgiveness—

"Princess Radhika, I am really sorry but I can't forgive her as she was pointing her fingure on my character without knowing me and my situation. Do you know I'm still having nightmares of last night incident whenever I try to sleep?"

He stopped caressing her hair, and really wanted to smack his head as why didn't he thinks before as she was definitely having nightmares but still he asked for his confirmation, "Ruhi, are you having nightmares about last night incident?"

Hearing him, she raised her head and nodded her head like a child, "I don't want to sleep now."

He looked at her, as her eyes and her button nose turned red. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and continued, "If you don't sleep you will get sick. Let's go for sleep as it's been already 2 o'clock."

She nodded her head unwillingly because she really didn't want to have that nightmares again.

He hold her hand and both of them went towards her room upstairs together.

As he entered her room, he didn't want to leave her alone, but she might not feel comfortable in his presence. So when she lay down on the bed, he covered her with duvet and started leaving but she hold his hand from behind and looked at him with pleading eyes as she didn't want as he will leave her alone.

"Sir, can you stay with me tonight?"

He nodded and sat down on the couch which was big enough for him to laid down there.

She smiled, looking at him and closed her eyes feeling satisfied as she was not sleeping alone.

Ernest also closed his eyes, not feeling restless like before as now he has decided that he will ask from Meera as why she does not want them to come to India? Why was Bindu saying negative about her? Who is this Vikram about whom she was talking?

Thinking that he opened her eyes and called someone, and after that he got asleep.

●○●○●○●○

Ernest woke up as the sun's rays were falling directly on him and he saw Ruhi who was still sleeping soundly

He stood up and looked at wall clock as it's been 6:30. He went from there without making any noise as she was sleeping.

As he came down stairs, he saw Mrs. Sushma in the kitchen who was making breakfast and black coffee for him.

Seeing him before her, sushma came with sweet box near him, "sir, I am really sorry as I couldn't inform you about my leaving yesterday. I have become a grandmother. A daughter is born in our house," She said with gleaming eyes as he about to say something. He heard, " Congratulations Aunt!"

He turned and looked at Ruhi who was smiling standing behind him. She came near him and took that sweet from that box, "Mother and child are fine, right Aunt?"

"Yes, dear. Both are fine," She said and poured Ernest's coffee in the cup and gave it to him.

He took that cup and went from there without saying anything to Sushma.

Later, as he came down stairs he looked at the Ruhi who was now wearing white anarkali suit and sitting on the dining table and waiting for him.

"Sir, have your breakfast," Sushma said while serving Ruhi who was also already sitting there

"No, Mrs. Sushma." He said as he had just received Aaron's call upstairs and he was not feeling good,"I am getting late as I am leaving for London now."

Ruhi looked up at him after hearing his words and stood up, "We are not going udaipur."

"Don't worry, Ruhi. You are going udaipur with Noah as he was waiting for us at airport. So hurriedly finish your breakfast and I am waiting for your outside," He said and went from there making call to Noah.

Sushma embraced her looking at her sad face, "Ruhi, if you feel anything for Sir, then tell him, otherwise you will regret later."

"Aunt, there is no point in feeling anything as he does not believe in both love and marriage," She said over her shoulder.

"What?" She asked breaking their embrace.

"Yes," She nodded. "Don't worry, Aunt. We both are just friends as he cared for me like his special friend and I am happy in that."

She patted on her cheek gently while thinking,"Then I will pray to God that this time sir realizes that you are more than just his friend and he himself propose you for marriage."

"Ok, have your breakfast now!"

She nodded and sat on the chair.

※Flashback end※

✧༺♥༻✧

Do please votes, share and comments your views on this chapter ❤