I remember

It's not the end, guys. There will be one more chapter.

Song for this chapter "Bad habits" by "Bring Me the Horizon"
________________

POV Xavier

The sky covered everything that happened that horrific night. I wish I could forget it.

But I remember.

I remember me slapping Wednesday cheeks to keep her conscious.

I remember Tyler's shaking voice when he was trying to call an ambulance to this damn school.

I remember Enid's tantrum when she got close to Wednesday.

I remember my panic when Wednesday stopped reacting at me at all.

I screamed Wednesday's name willing to make her open her eyes and look at me.

I shook Wednesday by shoulders willing wake her up. But she slept too soundly.
I grabbed Wednesday's miniature figure and embraced her with my arms willing to give her my beating heart.

Wednesday Addams - the girl who was freaking indestructible, unemotional and indifferent - was dead because she sacrificed herself for me.

- You will be alright, - I whispered to Wednesday's ear like she could hear me.

I lifted Wednesday up and brought her away. I pressed her to my chest willing to protect her from this fucking world. Even not alive Wednesday had her serious grumpy facial expression that I admired so much. It looked like Wednesday was just sleeping.

I remembered those two nights when I was lucky to stay by her. To look or even touch her porcelain skin. I was glad to get lost forever at her dark eyes which were like a night wood. I would forever kiss her cherry icy lips.
This girl was like a cold sweet alcoholic cocktail that made me get back every time feeling dizzy because of my feelings to her. She was my bad habit. The habit I would never give up.

I would never find out what was going on in her mind deep like the sea. It seemed calm. But after looking closely you could feel it storming. Wednesday never let anyone enter her black waters. But I did. I sank in Wednesday Addams.

I was walking as fast as I could heading to my shed. There I could save Wednesday's life.

Holding Wednesday I harshly pushed the door with my leg to be able to get inside the art studio.

I didn't have any bed in my shed, of course. But a creative approach has always been my strong side. So now my table served as a bed for Wednesday. I swept paper, pencils, brushes away from its surface to place Wednesday there. I covered her with an old blanket being not sure if she would be cold after the resurrection.

I started drawing.

I put as much effort as I could to make my new art a masterpiece. Because Wednesday's life depended on the pathetic piece of paper. I mastered every detail having added the best chiaroscuro I have ever performed. Sometimes I gave a cautious glance at Wednesday hoping to see her woken up. In vein, obviously.

I finally finished. My fingers waved letting magic get out of them and reach the picture. Then I immersed my hands inside my work. It was tickling, chilly and felt like I put my fingers into the water. When I took them back they held the resaurex.

If I could draw a Hyde who managed to harm me why couldn't I draw a crystal which was able to bring Wednesday back to life?

The crystal was inside Wednesday's wound. The word "unpleasant" or "weird" would be too weak to describe what I felt but I was down to anything to save her.

The moment of truth.

I thought that something should happen but nothing. I decided to wait. Maybe my resaurex needed more time come into action?

I checked my watches every minute and this time felt like torturing eternity.

An hour passed. Wednesday was still ... not awoken. I just didn't have a heart to use the word "dead".

I covered my head with hands trying to hide from what had happened. I was tired and not sure about my next steps. What I learnt from sessions with Kinbott is that you need to talk to someone about your problem and it will be easier to solve it.

So I started talking to Wednesday:
- You would probably kill me for what I am going to say now, but I had to tell you this earlier so it's better late than never.

I was sitting in the chair leaning forward and focusing my eyes at one point. My fingers were in a lock:
- Sometimes you freak me out. You are stubborn and egoistic. It's impossible to predict what crazy plan will pop up in your head next. But I like it. Maybe I am a sadistic freak and that's fine with me. I like the way you drive me up the wall. This is a special kind of pleasant torture for me.
- I have always admired sadism, - I heard her voice. Weak and quite.
- Wednesday! - I rushed to hug her. My arms embraced my black raven.
- Ouch, - she wilted. - Pain is my kind of thing. But taking into consideration the fact I just resurrected I would be pretty grateful if you afflicted me a little bit later.
- Sorry! Sure. I just... - I let her go. - I just don't know what people usually say or do to those who just got back to life.
- They remember that resurrected ones still prefer to leave hugs behind. By the way, how did you bring me back?
- I drew the resaurex and used it on you.
- That was smart. Thank you, - I heard her serious voice. - It's not the first time you saved my life.
- I can say the same about you, - I sank in her dark eyes again. After the short pause I asked: - You remember what I said to you while I was standing in front of Alastor? - Wednesday started fidgeting hiding her eyes from me. She knew I was talking about that scary I-love-you phrase:
- Don't you hope to hear the same?
- Of course not, - of course I did. But this girl still didn't get too emotional. - Then let's just agree upon this: Wednesday, thank you that you had died for me.
Wednesday looked at the floor and then said:
- I would do that again.

That meant much for me. Wednesday was not a kind of person who talks about feelings but her actions speak louder than words.

Wednesday even let me take her in my arms to help to stand up. The main wound was healed but Wednesday still had other injuries that weakened her. What is more, how would you feel if you just rose from the dead?

It wasn't easy for Wednesday to walk. She would never admit it, but she fought pain with every step. So this time Wednesday trusted me to help. My arm was on her waist so she could lean on me. That was what everyone from Nevermore saw when our silhouettes floated out the darkness:
- So you are dating? - Enid hugged Wednesday who wasn't sure how to react so just let her friend do what she wanted.
- Oh yes. That's much more important than asking how your friend feels after getting free from cruel hands of death, - Wednesday just wanted to change the topic.
- Sorry, Wednesday, how do you feel?
- Good. Like I was reborn again.
Enid's words made me to ponder about one more attempt to date the girl with a black but big heart. Okay, sometimes a big heart.

I helped Wednesday to get to her room. While we were going there I asked:
- What would you answer to Enid's question?
- Which among dozens of silly questions do you mean? - Wednesday understood well which question I meant. She just didn't want to answer. But I also play such games well.
- If you are dating me.
- It's impossible to date someone if you haven't had any single date, - Wednesday said it in her usual low cold pitch but something was different. Was that a hint for me?
- We can fix it, - I smiled and looked at her. Wednesday didn't answer but I could see good fire in her eyes. - Let me organise something special for you.
Wednesday took a pause and then said:
- Maybe I will let you.

Wednesday disappeared behind the door. Enid would take care of her. But now I had one more important thing to do: to organise a date for Wednesday Addams.