Are you in?

At night Enid and I woke up because someone knocked at our door. I did not find strength to get up. But Enid did.

She screamed and only then got up I to figure out what was going on:
- What happened? - I asked. Enid did not answer, just pointed to the floor with her finger. I saw a voodoo doll pinned with needles and smeared with blood. - It is just a doll.
- OMG, don't touch it, - said Enid when saw me leaning towards the "present".
- Enid, it is someone's stupid joke, - as soon as my fingers touched the doll I got the vision. I saw a red velvet book that I had already noticed in Rosenberg's office. The vision was short. I opened my eyes and felt strong pain in my hand. There was a huge burn. And for some reason it was not healed by Goody's magic. Enid was holding me:
- Are you ok? - she asked. When she made sure that I can stand without her help she let me go. - Your nose is bleeding again.
- I am fine, - I said nonchalantly. Enid gave me a tissue. Then she saw my burn:
- It a huuuuge awful burn, - Enid covered her face with her hands. - Oh, we should try this! My mom gave to me in case I get injured wolfing out, - I let Enid smear my palm with some stinky ointment. She wailed:
- Why can't I just sleep calmly in this room? First, my bestie wants to kill me, then this! - Enid did not say this to me, but I was certain that after the accident when I was trying to choke her she was afraid to sleep with me in one room. That is why several nights a week she was spending in Ajax's room.
- Do not worry, Enid. A grave is much better place to sleep calmly.

Enid closed her eyes for a second to fight irritation. Then she asked:
- What did you see in your vision?
- It was a book I had already seen in Rosenberg's office. I need to find out what this book has to do with my stalker.
- Your who? - Enid frowned having no clue what I am talking about.
- It seems it is transmitted by airborne droplets, - I admitted that Ajax said exactly the same. Enid did not get the joke: - Since the end of the last semester, I have got my personal stalker.
- Why does it sound like you really enjoy it?
- Because I do. I am not afraid of him... or her. Whoever it is.

I threw the doll to the rubbish bin using a napkin and returned to bed. Enid did the same, but for some reason I was sure that Enid did not sleep by the morning.

That day I had my first class with Tyler and Xavier. Some girl had already set near Xavier, there were no more free places, so I had no any other choice than sitting with Tyler.
- What did I win? - asked Tyler.
- A deadpan. The emphasis is on "Dead".

I heard Xavier's voice from the other part of the class:
- Ava, do you mind if you and Wednesday just swap?
- No need, - I interjected having Rosenberg's mission on my mind. Xavier looked at me as I got crazy, so I explained: - I mean, it is just a class.

I saw that Xavier wanted to talk to me, but miss Rosenberg had already entered the room to start a class. That is why I got such a message:
- Wednesday, what a f*ck?
- I will tell you everything very soon, - I typed.
Xavier did not answer for several minutes. I saw that he read my message but did not answer immediately.
- Ok, - the only thing I got.

Tyler smiled as a maroon for the whole lesson. What I was doing was keeping my eye not on him but on Xavier. When the class was over he took his beg and went away having ignored the fact that I called his name.

I was about to leave the classroom too, but miss Rosenberg called my name. I wanted to pretend I did not hear, but she came closer. I rolled my eyes:
- What an interesting, exciting class we have had today, haven't we? - said Rosenberg.
- Yes, as exciting as a funeral, - Lily could feel my sarcasm but ignored my reply.
- I saw you and mister Galpin sitting together during the class. It's nice to see that you are helping me.
- I could not help myself from helping you, - one more sarcastic comment from me.
- The key thing is that you OBEY, - the principal used such a sweet tone for this sentence that it made me feel sick.
- Yes, like Lucifer obeys God.
Miss Rosenberg pursed her lips:
- I see that today you decided to demonstrate me the power of sarcasm. Unfortunately, I do not have time for it. I am having a meeting with Bianca's mother in downtown.
- Just return by the moment it gets dark. Who knows what hides in the shadow of night?
- It seems today I will need to face it.

That day Tyler and I had one more class together. This time there was a choice to sit with Tyler or a big werewolf, a newcomer. He smelled awfully. So I sat with Tyler again. He was bad at restraining a smile.
- You are smiling as just you killed somebody whom you hate.
- Don't be harsh.
- I am not. I would also smile if I killed you, - it was a kind of a joke, but Tyler did not appreciate it. However, I did not care.

I could not wait for the lesson to finish. I wanted to talk to Xavier. I texted him to come to my room after classes so I could tell him everything.

I saw Xavier. The corners of my lips went up a little bit, but I brushed that off returning to my usual serious facial expression. Xavier's arms were crossed and deep blue eyes were looking at me waiting for answers.

In a couple of minutes he found out about the stalker, Rosenberg's task and the voodoo doll.

- I understand what is going on, - Xavier looked like he was close to tell me the solution to all mysteries in the world. - You are just a suicidal psycho, Wednesday.
- That is the best compliment I have ever heard from you, - I was serious.
- Wednesday, it is not a compliment. You cannot pretend that you are a friend to someone who tried to kill you a couple months ago.
- I can, - I replied and turned around to pack my typewriter. It seemed I could hear how Xavier hit his forehead with the palm.
- What are you doing, by the way?
- I am packing my typewriter.
- I see, but why?
- I am replacing it.
- Why?
- Because Enid is having birthday in several days, and I need to prepare more than a hundred of invitations for the party that Ajax organises for her.
- Am I invited?
- Only if you let me type the invitations in your art studio because obviously I cannot do this here.
- Deal, - Xavier took the typewriter, Thing jumped on my shoulder and we went to the art studio.

While Xavier was painting, I was trying to make up good lines for invitations for two hours and I had already thrown three dozens of paper sheets.

Here was my next attempt:

Dear beloved,

It is a pleasure to invite you to the party on the occasion of Enid's birthday.

Please, do not take knives with you. They will be provided.

Place: Ball room in Abandoned Tower
Date: 26.02
Time: 9 p.m.

- What do you think? - I asked Xavier. He read the lines. It seemed that the corners of his lips went up, but then he said seriously:
- Good, but I would skip the line about knives.
I hemmed.
Xavier continued drawing and I started typing invitations one by one.
- Do you wanna eat? - he asked after a couple of hours of work. - I have sandwiches.

While I was chewing the sandwich, I came up with a marvellous idea:

- I just realised. It is the best time to get that velvet book because Rosenberg is probably still having a meeting with Bianca's mother. I need to snick to the principal's office.
- Remind me not to give you sandwiches next time. They effect you in a strange way, - said Xavier finishing his sandwich.
- Are you in? - I was to leave the art studio.
- Of course.

_________
I will be really happy if you leave a comment. In this way I will be able to see that you like my work and I should continue.

Oryna :)