Love and principals do not live long

We turned out near Rosenberg's office. I pulled the door handle.
- Of course, it is locked, - Xavier commented.
- Not for long, - I took out my pocket knife. In a minute I could open the door.
- What should I do? - Xavier was looking left and right checking if nobody is coming.
- Wait here. If Rosenberg is coming, distract her, - I said and entered the room.
- How?
- Say something shocking.

I was in principal's office. Last time when I was here there was a mess. This time everything was neat and tidy. There was nothing on the table at all.

I checked the bookshelves and found nothing as well.

In ten minutes I raided almost the whole room. An only drawer was left unchecked. I pulled the handle, but the drawer was closed.
I heard two voices. One belonged to Xavier. Another one was Rosenberg's:
- I wanted to talk to you about today's class, - said Xavier.
- Of course, mister Thorpe. Let's discuss everything in my office, - answered Rosenberg. That made me try to open the drawer harder.
- Actually, let's talk here!
- What an usual offer, mister Thorpe. I assure you it will be more comfortable to talk inside.
I managed to open the drawer so I started looking for a book. But nothing. Again.
- I love you! - I heard Xavier's exclamation. That made me cough very loudly. Rosenberg, who was shocked for a couple of seconds, heard that:
- Who is in my office? - she entered the room and saw me digging through the drawer. I saw Rosenberg holding a red velvet book that I needed.
- Now everything makes sense! - Rosenberg looked at Xavier with rebuke.
- Miss Addams, I am declaring officially that you are expelled, - Rosenberg was almost shouting.
- No, we are both here. So we should be punished equally, - Xavier stood near me.
- No, - I rejected. Xavier should not have been punished because of me. - It was me who snicked to your office. So the only person who should be punished is me.
- It is very sweet that you are protecting each other, but... you both will suffer, - Rosenberg looked at Xavier and suddenly he said: "Where am I? I can't see anything!"
- What did you do to him? - I stood in form of Xavier. - Xavier, you are still in principal's office. Can you hear me? - I was so close, but he did not hear. I starting shaking him by shoulders, but he did not react all. He continued asking where he was and if anybody else was there.
I felt strong anger. I turned to Rosenberg:
- What's wrong, Wednesday?
- It is something wrong with you, - I replied. Unexpectedly even for me I snapped fingers and Rosenberg fell. At that very moment Xavier woke up. He saw me and hugged. I pushed aside as soon as possible. Hugs were only Enid's  privilege:
- What did you do to her?
- I do not know, - I admitted.
- So that's again your weird superpower.
I nodded and looked at Rosenberg:
- Remind me to figure out what is going on with your abilities.
- Remind me to stop shaming Tyler for principal Weem's death.
- Do you think Rosenberg is dead? What will we do? - asked Xavier looking at motionless Lily.
- We could bury her in one of the old graves, - I suggested.
- Or we could decompose her body in an acidity, - I looked at Xavier. I was impressed.
- Maybe, we have much more in common than I thought.

I took the velvet of book out of Rosenberg's hands and hid it in my jacket.
I leaned to Rosenberg to make sure she did not have pulse.

Suddenly I saw that Rosenberg moved her finger, and then she opened her eyes:
- Miss Addams, mister Thorpe, what happened?
Xavier and I looked at each other:
- We came to you to say "thanks" for a good class. But suddenly you fainted.
- Oh, - Xavier helped Lily to stand up. - The thing is that I don't remember what happened. I saw Xavier near my office and then... very strange.
- Sometimes such things happen when you get tired.
- Yes, probably you are right, - Rosenberg touched her temples. - I've got strong headache. By the way, didn't I have a book with me?
- No, - I said. - If you do not mind, Xavier and I will return to our rooms.
- Sure, - Lily smiled. She literally remembered nothing.

Of course, Xavier and I did not intend to go to our rooms. We did not say a word while going to his art studio. But when we came, Xavier burst into laughter. The corners of my lips got up as well:
- I have already thought that we killed our principal, - said Xavier.
- Do not worry. Next time we will succeed, - I replied and took a look at Thing who was finishing last invitations. I addressed to him. - Thank you, Thing.

If all the invitations were almost ready, I had time to read the velvet book. Xavier needed to finish a picture, so we both were working on something important to us.
The velvet book was dedicated to the types of outcasts that is why it was even more important than I expected. It could help me to understand if a seer could have such strange abilities that I had got.

What is more, thanks to this book I could find out that our new principal was a visualiser, an outcast who can make other perceive the reality in the way he or she wants using their imagination. If a visualiser succeeds in killing you in their imagination, you will die in reality.

I still did not understand what this book has to do my my stalker.

I read about sirens and werewolves. Next chapter was about faceless. One of their distinctive features is that they can be invisible for those who they do not want to be noticed by. Now I got an idea who my stalker could be:
- Xavier, - I stood up still holding a book and looking at it moving to Xavier at the same time. - It looks like I found something important.
Xavier was closer than I expected, so I literally bumped into his chest. The book fell off my hands. We both dropped down to lift it. I felt warm Xavier's fingers on my skin.
- Sorry, - Xavier whispered for some reason. He was so close to me. I stood up to make the distance bigger. - Wednesday, - Xavier was close to me again. - I want to figure something out.
Xavier made one more step even closer to me. I stepped back.
- Wednesday, I will be honest. Since last semester I can't stop thinking about you, - Xavier made a step towards me again.
- It is just because we are friends, - I made a step back. I emphasised the word "friends".
- We are friends. But also I feel that there is something deeper than just friendship. Something that can last even longer than friendship.
- You mean death? - I clarified and did not notice how Xavier came closer to me again.
- No, I mean... - Xavier took a breath. Probably, he wanted to answer "love", but then decided to transform his sentence: - I mean that...

I was puzzled and mesmerised. Xavier made one more step and at the same time I stepped back. However, I quickly got the idea that I just hit the wall with back. I did not have any other way to escape:

- F*ck it, Wednesday, I like you, - Xavier's face was so close to mine. - And I am asking you if you wanna date me.
- I am not a kind of a person who dates someone.
- Is it because of what happened between you and Tyler? - Xavier looked at my eyes. He expected me to be honest.
- No, - I lied. - I just do not feel what people usually feel.
- So... you mean that you just don't like me as a guy, - Xavier was still looking at my eyes hoping that I will say something opposite.
- Yes, - one more lie.

Xavier made a step back. I got out of the art studio as quickly as I could having taken only my beg and the velvet book with me.

I was sure that after this Xavier would never talk to me again.