Crystal. Clear.

I woke up in the morning because of the noise of paper rustling.

Xavier was drawing something with a pencil laboriously. I commented:
- If you used the papers of my novel for doodling, you can start choosing your coffin.

I got up and saw Xavier among dozens of sheets of paper. His hair was loose. Xavier's eyes were wide open. He did not blink and looked explicitly worried.

- I just can't stop drawing, - Xavier was very concentrated. Paper was everywhere. Around Xavier. On my table. On Enid's bed. On the floor. I lifted up one piece of paper:
- What is this crystal? - I looked at the picture.
- I have no idea, - Xavier continued drawing. I saw the veins on his hand pumping because there were more than a hundred of drawings:
- How long have you been up? - I asked cautiously.
- For two hours or so.
Xavier seemed obsessed with the crystal which resembled an oblong precious stone.

Our classes were about to start soon and that was exactly what I said to Xavier:
- I just can't stop! - Xavier almost shouted. He drew one more crystal. When Xavier finished he took the next piece of paper and started drawing the same.
- Xavier, - I called him by his name but he did not react. - Xavier! - still no reaction. - Look at me!
Xavier's hands were shaky but he continued drawing.
- Look at me! - I repeated and tore the pencil out of his hand. I took his face in my hands. - I said: look at me!

Xavier got frozen for several seconds. My actions had a result.

Xavier breathed heavily like he just ran a marathon. In a minute he said:
- Thank you.
I did not answer.
He kissed me. It lasted for several seconds and then I stepped back:
- We are having a class with Rosenberg.
Xavier nodded. - And promise me to leave behind all romantic stuff when we are at school, - what I said was extremely important for me so my voice was very strict.

In a half an hour we were sitting in the class waiting for a lesson. I noticed that Tyler was absent. Maybe he was still in a psychiatric ward?
- What day of the week today? - I asked Xavier who was sitting near me.
- Monday, - answered Xavier abstractly. He was drawing small crystals in his notebook.
- The funeral, - I whispered to myself. I rejected Tyler's offer to come but deep down I understood that I had to come.
- Why?
- Nothing.

The class seemed to last for ages. Rosenberg could not stop talking about magical qualities of stones. When the torture finally finished I grabbed my bag and ran away having given no explanation to Xavier.

When I got to the cemetery having hitchhiked, the funeral had already started. The sky was the colour of hematite and the wind swayed lonely trees. There were only several people present at the funeral: a priest, a very old woman, one couple and Tyler. I was bewildered because Donovan was a Jericho sheriff for a long time and almost nobody among citizens came to spend his last journey. I got close to Tyler and stood behind his back. He turned his head and gave a sad smile.

The funeral was very modest. The willow coffin was standard with no extra decoration. When the sheriff's body was put into the ground I heard Tyler's sniffing. He was wiping his face.

The ceremony finished.

Almost all people left. Tyler continued staying near his father's grave. He breathed deep like he was trying to calm down.
I continued standing behind. I have never been good at supporting people just because I have not ever needed someone to say encouraging words to me. But Tyler needed that. I felt uncomfortable because I did not know what to say. That is why I just took his hand and let go of it in a couple of seconds. That was my maximum of support that I could give him. Tyler, in whose eyes I saw tears, looked at me gratefully.

The old woman in big glasses approached to us. She wanted to pet me on the shoulder but I stepped back and looked at her threateningly.
The lady slightly smiled like nothing had happened and said to Tyler:
- Your bride will comfort you, - and she left. I got goosebumps on the words "bride".
- Sorry, my grandma is crazy a little bit, - Tyler twisted his finger at the temple.
- Your grandma?
- Yes, she is my only relative left in Jericho. I will live with her to adulthood.
- A pure torture, - I answered and started moving towards the exit. - Lucky you.
- I am grateful that you came.
- It is just because I enjoy funerals.
- Oh, I have already decided that you wanted to support me.
I did not answer.
- My grandma can drive us to the school.
- Is her eyesight good enough for driving? - I asked Tyler remembering the bog glasses of his grandmother.
- Who knows? - Tyler shrugged his shoulders. He tried to stay strong. - But the drive should be impressively scary.
- You convinced me, - I concluded and started moving to an old pink car. Even the color of the vehicle itself made me want to die so I eagerly got in.

We got to Nevermore very quickly. Tyler's grandmother was a crazy driver. She exceeded the speed limit at list for three times. The policemen stopped us for one time but when they recognised ex-sheriff's mother just let us go.

- It looks like we will be on time for the third period, - assumed Tyler.
- Are your sure that you are okay to have a class after your father's funeral?
- It's better than sitting in my room crying and feeling sorry for myself.

I felt a sizzling glance of Xavier at me and Tyler.

Xavier started approaching to us. My first thought was that an argument was about to start but it did not happen. Much worse thing took place.

- That's where my girlfriend, - exclaimed Xavier. I saw numbers of students turning their heads and whispering. Xavier kissed my cheek and placed his hand on my waist.

That was my turn for a sizzling glance.

I decisively stepped away from Xavier. I did not mind such sickly-sweet things when we were alone but not in front of the whole school:

- Your girlfriend? - asked Tyler whose eyes got size of golf balls.
- Yes, my girlfriend, - Xavier looked proud. - Did my girlfriend tell you that Rosenberg asked her to communicate with you to make sure the Hyde will not kill anyone again?
- What? - Tyler was terrified. I wanted to die on the spot. He addressed to me: - Is that true?

I was silent. Just looked at Tyler's eyes. He felt strong pain and that brought unpleasant feelings to me.

- I thought this day couldn't be worse, - mumbled Tyler and walked away.

- Did not we agree that there would be no romantic stuff at school? And why did you tell Tyler that Rosenberg asked me to keep an eye on him? - I talked with law pitch. The word "furious" was too weak to describe what I felt at that moment.
- I just showed that you are mine, - there was no trace of the smile on Xavier's face.
- I am not a thing, - Thing got out my bag but my glance "It is not a proper time!" made him hide inside again. I got so angry that it seemed my pale cheeks even got a little blush.
- And I am not a fool! We kissed and after the class you disappeared! Now I am seeing you with a guy who kissed you last semester! And do you know what I found in my bag? - Xavier took out a photo with Tyler and me in the dark forest. That was Enid's party evening. The moment when Tyler leaned to kiss me was depicted. - How should I react on this?
- We did not kiss. I did not let that happen, - I explained trying to calm down.
- And I just need to believe you?
- Yes, - I looked at Xavier's eyes. He felt that I was honest. He started to calm down as well. Suddenly I noticed other photos in Xavier's open bag.
- What are the other photos?
- Ava gave them to me to choose what I wanna paint. Why? - Xavier was still irritated. He gave me one of those photos.

I compared two photos and came to the conclusion: both of them are taken with the same camera.

I turned around and saw Ava nearby. I headed up to her with a resolute step.
- Hi! - exclaimed Ava waving to me. I grabbed her wrist. I did not see a vision but felt how my lungs were filling up with water. It was Goody's promised sign which was aimed to show me the witch whom I was looking for.

It was crystal clear that I just found my stalker.