Party and bones

Enid had already slept. For the whole evening she talked about her birthday which was in a week. So when she finally fell asleep I could concentrate on what I was really interested in. I was thinking about my last vision. Did it have anything to do with my stalker? I held the photos in my hands hoping to get one more vision about who took and brought these photos. But nothing.

All of the sudden I have got a message from an unknown number:
"Come to the Nightshade Library. Let's talk."

The number was different from that account I usually got stalker's messages. But I did not doubt that it was from him.

There was one more message from Xavier. He wanted to find out if I feel OK and asked not do any stupid stuff.

I ignored Xavier's message. I had to meet my stalker.

In a couple of minutes I snapped twice near Poe's statue and could enter the library. I went down the stairs I saw a male figure. I could see only his back, but in a minute I recognised the person. He turned around and I saw the familiar face. It was Ajax:
- Hello, Wednesday.
- So you are my mysterious stalker, - I said. I was surprised and disappointed simultaneously because my investigation was shorter than I expected. I sorted out possible motives of Ajax to be my stalker.
- Your who? - Ajax looked at me as I was stupid.
- My stalker, - I frowned because for a second I really felt like I am actually stupid.
- Are you alright? It seems you still feel bad after your today's vision.
- One more word and YOU will feel bad, - my quite anger raised. Ajax really had not idea about my stalker.
- Wow, take it easy.
- So it was you who sent me the message.
- Of course, it was I. Don't you have my number?
- For what reason am I supposed to have your number?
- We are friends... I suppose... I just wanted to talk...
- What did you want to talk about? At midnight? In the nightshade library?
- About Enid, of course. She is having a birthday in a week.
- Why could not you text me or call?
- Because you never answer phone calls, and it would be too long to write a message.
- What do you want?
- I was wondering if you would like to help me with organisation of birthday party for Enid.
- Ajax, how long have you postponed your visit to an eye physician?
- I haven't. I have good sight.
- I am afraid you don't, because you could not see that I do not look like a person who organises parties.
- But you are her best friend, - exclaimed Ajax. That was an argument. I could not say anything against. Ajax continued: - You know how important her birthday is for her. It won't be difficult for you to help.
- What exactly do you want me to do? - I have always liked specifics.
- You have a typewriter so you could print invitations for guests.
- How many?
- For the whole school.
- You know how much time it will take to print so many invitations manually? It will be a torture. In a bad meaning.
- You are not afraid of suffering, are you? And Thing could help you with it.
- What if Enid will notice me typing them? We are living in the same room.
- You will figure it out, - Ajax smiled. - And I will do the rest: decorate the room, order Enid's favourite food, prepare music that she likes...
- Where is the party going to take place?
- Do you know where a ball room in the abandoned tower is located?
- Yes, but it is forbidden for students to go there.
- Since when do you care that something is forbidden?
- Deal, - that's the only thing that I could mention. I turned around and left the library.

I felt saddened. I was sure that today's evening I will know who my stalker is. But I did not.

I was walking down the dark corridors not willing to return to my room. I did not want to sleep. My brain was trying to analyse all information I had about the stalker from very beginning. Maybe, I skipped an important detail that could give me an answer to my question.

In one of the corridors I saw a person I did not want to meet, so I decided to imagine there was nobody there. I almost passed this person but heard silent "Wednesday". I stopped but did not turn around.
- How do you feel? - asked Tyler. He had plaster on his nose.
- Like a cockroach. Still alive, - I turned around. - As one monster once mentioned.
- I am not a monster.
- You killed people, Tyler. I could be among of them. You harmed Eugene. He still sees a doctor because of you.
- Once I saved you. When Rowan wanted to kill you, I saved your life.
- Only because you knew Thornhill needs me alive.
- No, I swear at that moment I did not know about Thornhill's plan. I liked you, Wednesday. I would rather die than let anyone hurt you.
- Yes, you would rather die, - I started to whisper. I looked at Tyler and I am certain he could feel that rage in my eyes. - I would be the first person to write the obituary for you after your sudden death. After you talked to me or my friends once again.
- Wednesday, I just want to say that I am sorry, - Tyler made a step forward in order to touch my shoulder but suddenly his right arm twisted in a wrong direction. I heard the sound of breaking of Tyler's bone. He screamed so loudly. I got scared. It was me who did it to him, but I did not know how. I looked at my palms willing to make them reverse what I did, but I could not. I looked at Tyler's another arm and suddenly the same as to the right arm happened to the left one. Tyler screamed even more loudly. I heard quick steps of others coming. And I ran. Ran as fast as I can leaving Tyler to suffer.
I ran to my room. Sat in the floor. Enid was still asleep. She did not know that today was my last day in Nevermore because as soon as Tyler tells anyone what happened to him I will be expelled.
I felt strange. On the one hand I felt what happened was my revenge to Tyler. One part of me even reckoned it was not sufficiently harsh revenge. On another hand, I felt... guilty, not sorry. I ran away as a coward being not ready to face the consequences of my actions. I almost did not sleep that night. I recalled every moment of what happened and planned my way home.
In the morning I was informed that our new principal, miss Rosenberg, was awaiting for me. I assume Tyler has told everything.