Obvious

Merry Christmas, guys! Thank you that you are staying with me. This chapter is not big but important ;)
___________

- Dad! - Tyler dropped to his knees. I sat near Tyler. His hands were shaking. I literally felt how Tyler's fear and anger seeped into my body.
- Let me through, - I said. Tyler looked at me incomprehensibly but did what I said.

I put my hands on sheriff's chest. My palms started to radiate golden shine and it was healing the wound. In a couple of minutes I felt extremely weak. I did for Tyler's father what I could.

- Tyler? - I heard husky voice.
- Father, - I saw tears on Tyler's cheeks.

I did not heal the whole wound but at least now the sheriff was not hopeless.

In an hour we were sitting in hospital.

I got the massage from Ajax that Xavier had already distributed the invitations. I took my eyes off the phone because the doctor approached us:
- Mister Galpin?
- Yes, that's me. - Tyler jumped out of the sit. - I'm Donovan's son.
- And this young lady? - the doctor was asking about me.
- She is my girlfriend, - I stepped on Tyler's foot with my heel. Tyler grimaced but found strength to continue the conversation with a doctor:
- How is my father?
- He has been serious but stable.
- He will live? - exclaimed Tyler.
- My prognosis is cautiously optimistic.

The conversation continued, but I did not listen further. My head was cooped up with different assumptions what could happen to Tyler's father. Who wanted to kill Sheriff and why? Obviously it was not Tyler. He was with me so he had an alibi. But the wound was similar to what usually a hyde leaves. Maybe, one more hyde studies in Nevermore. Things became much more serious than just the tricks of a stalker-amateur.

There were too many questions with no answers.

Tyler finished the conversation with the doctor and addressed to me:
- Dad will be ok.
- Say again that I am your girlfriend and your tongue will not be able to pronounce any words again.
- Sorry.
- Did Sheriff see who did that to him?
- I haven't had an opportunity to ask him yet. But I will. Also I wanted to say thank you. You healed my father. He would have died if you hadn't helped him.
- I do not know what I did.
Tyler came closer to me. I did a quick step back.
- I didn't mean to do anything, - Tyler made a pause, - that could trespass your boundaries.
- Good, - an awkward silence ensued. - I need to go back to Nevermore.
- Tyler stayed in hospital to spend some more time with his dad.

When I got back to my room, I saw my typewriter on the table. It must be Xavier who brought it back. There was a note from him near the typewriter.

Wednesday,

I'm sorry for what happened. You're still my friend and I don't want to lose you. Let's just forget about everything. Come to my art studio at 11 pm. We'll just talk.

Love,
Xavier

My face showed no emotion, but the heart jumped. I almost ran to the art studio. Someone could think how unthoughtful it was to go alone especially after what happened to Tyler's dad a couple of hours ago, but I did not feel fear. I looked at the note and continued moving forward.

I got to the studio and was about to enter but heard two voices. One belonged to Xavier. Another voice was obviously female. I glanced into the crack. I recognised my blonde classmate who sat with Xavier for the last several days. Her name was Ava.

I did not hear the conversation well, but it looked like they were having fun together.

Ava looked sweet. And normal. I was her exact opposite.

Xavier smiled so sincerely.

Suddenly Ava leaned to Xavier. She was close to him. Too close.

I did not want to see what was going to happen next, it was obvious. So I went back having left them alone.