Chapter L: This is Not Goodbye.

A/N: Don't worry, there's a Book 2.

━━━━━━━━ 

"Hey, stay with me

"Hey, stay with me.."

Despite being the strongest, who would've thought that he'd have to relieve this moment again with all the power on his side. The 28-year-old had never known much about compassion, not until you taught me how to be more human. How to allow himself to feel the vulnerability, that moments of weakness are alright, because that's exactly what makes a human- human. He lived life comfortably, going on dates he was tasked to go to, ignoring his growing feelings for his fellow sorcerer. 

Then it was like a spark ignited in a dark room, as he watched you cry over the death of your mother. Feelings within him manifested, and it told him that you were someone he needed to protect. You were undeniably adorable, but it wasn't the reason he stayed by your side all these years, even through the worse of your days- it was the warmth of your presence. Perhaps, one can reason and say it's due to being childhood friends- but he couldn't imagine being in love with anybody else. 

One day to your surprise, he confessed to you, under the light of the flashing fireworks. It came as a surprise, because you never truly thought much of your relationship progressing in that way. He remembered the way your mouth quivered and that soft sigh that escaped your lips, as that soft smile became present on your face. You were headstrong, yet charming, watching you work hard despite the challenges you've faced- a sorceress with innate talent to become one of the best. 

He remembered the day he asked you why you suddenly decided you wanted to become a sorcerer, and you gave the answer that you weren't quite sure why

He remembered the day he asked you why you suddenly decided you wanted to become a sorcerer, and you gave the answer that you weren't quite sure why. It wasn't like you were trying to prove yourself to anyone, no, you actually wanted to live a normal life. He remembered you weakest moments, the way the two of you would sit on the stairs outside of the dormitory, watching you cry over curses that couldn't be exorcised, or humans that couldn't be saved. Despite not deserving mercy, you were always give everyone the benefit of the doubt- even those curses.

Gojo Satoru learned empathy, even mercy. In those moments, he would sit next to you, hoping that his presence was enough of a comfort during your most difficult of moments. Even if he didn't know the words of comfort you needed, he'd wrap an arm around your shoulder and allow you to cry unto the crook of his neck. Around you and his students, he allowed himself to become the bubbly and positive presence, despite being exhausted from his own missions. Because to him, seeing your eyes widen as a small smile erupts from your face, then a giggle leaves your lips- was enough to release the heavy burden off his shoulders.

He remembered feeling silly going to bed alone, before the two of you made it official. Satoru would compare his love for you as he lied there on the king size bed, to other things, such as a Kikufuku- hence your nickname. He loved being around you, and he'll perhaps never be able to compare his feelings for you to anything else; not in this lifetime. 

So, believe me when I say, when he watched your body collapse, as blood came spilling out of your lips- he never wished to take anybody else's spot, 'till that very moment. Feeling like he couldn't save you, it was something he never wished to feel again, to lose you all over again. The way you smiled up at him, the relief that presented itself on your eyes. Because this was all you've ever wanted, to ensure his safety- even if it meant your blood being spilt.

 Because this was all you've ever wanted, to ensure his safety- even if it meant your blood being spilt

"No, no, why would you do this.. (Y/N).. You can't do this, not again.."

He found himself panicking, petrified. He held your body tightly to himself, allowing himself to sob on the crown of your head. Bent over in grief, his hands clutched unto your upper body, as your face rested in his chest. It felt like God had stood him up, your eyes that once sparkled in glimmer, was now shut. Sobbing harshly, he held you even tighter, as if your physical body was going to dissipate into the air. Then he felt nothing, he felt completely numb- his heart and soul feeling like it's been sucked away by a curse. In moments like this, he should feel shock, sadness, grief- yet now.. All he felt was rage. 

It felt like his skin was being burnt by lava, that this was indeed his own version of hell. Losing you, to him that's hell. His entire body shook, as he felt the very beat of his own heartbeat jump out of his chest.  His vision blurred and the next few moments felt like it had gone in slow motion, despite the curses being annihilated faster than he has ever done before. No longer having the mercy of exorcising curses, cause in his head, these were their fault. 

Mercy? Where was the mercy of these damned curses when they were relentless to his lover. Unleashing his cursed technique, without moving an inch of his body from his location. Purple cosmic waves released, hitting both innocent bystanders and curses. This was Gojo's destructive way of coping, with no one left to reason with him- he lost all sense of rationality.

 This was Gojo's destructive way of coping, with no one left to reason with him- he lost all sense of rationality

'In my heart and in my head, tell me why this has to end.'

━━━━━━━━

Soo... Follow me along to the next book! Ya'll really think I'd leave it like that? There is one more chapter after this, just a short one!

Like the title, this is not goodbye.

As always,

Peace ❤