Chapter V: Winter Festival

Today was the day of the Winter Festival

Today was the day of the Winter Festival. You've already put on your kimono thanks to Shoko's help, all that was left now was to do both your makeup and hair. You stared at yourself in the circular mirror, as you sat there on your chair in front of your desk.

You weren't a fan of heavy makeup, so you settled for a minimal look. Grabbing your face powder, you pat it all over your face, then a bit of eyeliner was added unto your unto your eyes and the red lipstick was applied to your lips. You looked at the flowery hair-clip that the older woman gave you as a gift, and her words rang in your head.

"I can only hope you'll have more time with him, than I did with my husband."

You couldn't help but remember back when the two of you were children, when something changed in the balance of power- it shifted, when Gojo Satoru was born into this world. For years, Satoru had a hefty bounty for his head, and was targeted by many bounty hunters. And to this day, you could still hear the sound of a cocking gun at the back of your head and Satoru's widen eyes, as he watched you-

"(Y/N)! Are you finished? The festival's about to start! Utahime and Mei Mei are ready! The boys already headed to the festival, even Gojo finished before you!"

Your thoughts were cut off, as you heard Shoko speak through your dormitory bedroom door. "I'll be out!" You tied your hair up quickly and put the flowery hair-clip with a golden cord into your hair. You gathered your belongings and put in a small hand purse, before heading out with the other girls to go to the festival.

Once the snow fell, that marked the start of the Winter season

Once the snow fell, that marked the start of the Winter season. The once green landscape turns barren, pale and trees become, thin and lifeless, as they twist up from the freezing ground. Snow gathers on the trees branches, and the bushes that grew from the ground that were once full of life, were now filled with lumps sugary snow and the electric lines and roofs of houses were filled with sharp icicles.

You were glad that the pathway to the shrine was at least clear, or else you and your friends would have to trudge on some thick snow. You could easily teleport you and your friends to the shrine, but this was an experience as well- a memory.