Chapter II: Bitter

A/N: The story below will have content that is very triggering. Please, please, if you are uncomfortable with self-harm, violence or gore, turn away now and fast forward to the next chapter. And if you are suffering from depression, or any mental illness, please seek help or even DM me, I will try to be a person there for you and listen.

You were suffocating

The curse's hands tightened around your throat, and your vision slowly became more clouded. You felt tears slowly drip down your face, your hands on top of the curse's hands, trying your best to remove them. Your head spins as you try your best to gasp for air, your legs flailing, and your heart that was once quickly beating- was now slowing down in tempo.

"O..ka..a-san.."

You were going to die here. You kept trying to pry your mother's fingers off your throat, but it was useless you were slowly losing your consciousness. 'How did this happen? ' You thought to yourself, your family, a family of Jujutsu Sorcerers, a proud family of Jujutsu Sorcerers- cursed? How did it come to this? As far as you knew, 'sorcerers must also be killed with jujutsu or they can become a vengeful spirit after death', Those words kept ringing in your head, as if it was only yesterday that Yaga told you about it. But your mother, your sweet mother, who could ever kill such a kind woman?

You have to exorcise your own mother.

Exorcising your mother would mean being unable to give her a proper burial, your mother, she'll disappear as if she never even existed. That terrified you to the core, more tears flooded your eyes as you slowly reached your hand up to caress her face and studied her facial features one last time. You traced your finger along her cheek, and once you were done memorizing your sweet mother's face, one last time- you smeared your blood on your mother's cheeks. You sucked your breath in and gave her one last, bittersweet smile.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

"Cursed Blood Technique: Higanbana." You whispered bitterly, you felt your throat become lighter and your diaphragm expand. Yet your heart clenched tightly, as you watched your mother take her last breath and for a moment you swore that you saw her smile sweetly at you, just as how she would when you'd come to her crying. A quiet thank you echoed throughout the room, and your mother flourished into a hundred Red Spider Lilys. Tears overwhelmed your eyes, as you put your hands up to cover your face, your face contorted in pain with the grief you felt as you lay there on the tatami floors.