Lunar New Year Special

A/N: This is canon to this story, but it's a side story and not linear to the story timeline

A/N: This is canon to this story, but it's a side story and not linear to the story timeline. This is before the Shibuya Incident, and is dated in February of 2018.

It was the day before Lunar New Year, where families and relatives get together for a reunion dinner and share stories amongst each other; Essentially an event to catch up with each other. It's quite a traditional celebration, but it is a special day. For Gojo, he had no plans on going back to his estate this year, but this wasn't something that his lover was aware of; he always went back home to say his new year greetings to his parents. While for the young woman, she didn't exactly have her parents anymore and being rejected by her distant relatives- it wasn't exactly an option for her to go to the Kamo Clan.

The young woman essentially had no one, besides her colleagues, students and her lover. Therefore, during Chor Yat, otherwise known as the eve, or first day of Lunar New Years, she caught herself in the school's teacher lounge- doing work. The rest of the staff, and students had been given a half day off for this holiday- so here she was the eve of Lunar New Year.

Taking a break from her work, she decided to pick up some groceries for herself for the next few days, because all the restaurants typically closed down during the first few days of the New Years- to celebrate and be with their families. After she had gotten her groceries, she decided to go back to the dormitories, instead of her apartment with Gojo. She saw no point going home to an empty apartment, at least being at the school, she'll be somewhat be graced by the presence of Master Tengen- even if they didn't celebrate the New Years together.

She sighed, as she entered the commons area of the dormitories. To her surprise, she was met with a familiar scent of food. Then there they were, his lover with the first and second years making dinner together. Both Nobara and Yuji were fighting over how much seasoning they should be putting on the meat that was going into the dumplings, while Gojo and Megumi were cooking noodles- looking a lot like a father and son duo. Then the second years were making mooncakes, as she got a whiff of the sweetness coming from their end.

 Then the second years were making mooncakes, as she got a whiff of the sweetness coming from their end

"What are you guys doing here?"

The young woman asked, with a soft smile plastered unto her face. This made everyone turn their heads to the new presence in the room, "Making New Years dinner!" The white haired man spoke dumbly, as if he didn't know what she meant by her question. "We won't be missed by our parents just for one day, sensei!" The orange haired young lady spoke, grinning at her, as she had her hand wrapped around Yuji's wrist to prevent him from seasoning the dumpling meat any further.

The rest of the group nodded, "Besides, we're family aren't we?" Megumi spoke nonchalantly, with a blank look on his face. To which his fellow classmates turned their attention to him, surprised by his words of affection. "Awe Megummiiiiii!" The two peas in a pod gleed at their fellow first year classmate, making the raven haired boy roll his eyes at them.

The dinner was simple, consisting of rice, wonton soup, dumplings, noodles, mooncakes and a ton of round fruits in the middle of the table- believed to bring in fortune during the new years. The students all laughed with each other as they chattered amongst themselves, this would probably be the first time you've spent New Years with others in a long time- besides Gojo of course. You felt Gojo intertwine his fingers with yours under the table, as the two of you enjoyed the presence of your now newfound 'family'.

After dinner, the students had passed out due to their food coma and found themselves cuddled against each other at the shared area of the dormitory- watching a movie that they now didn't get to finish. Both the young woman and her sapphire eyed lover went to the roof of the highest building in the school, to watch the fireworks and for a simple countdown to Lunar New Year. She felt the cool breeze caress her face, as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the coolness of the weather. She felt Gojo slip an arm around her shoulder and pull her close to him, as she felt his warm lips touch her cheek.

They waited patiently for the fireworks, chatting idly with each other. Catching up with each other, after being busy for the past few weeks- it was indeed a chat well-deserved. Gojo spoke of how his trip to Paris was most likely one of his favorites, due to the insurmountable of sweets that he got to taste. Then the young woman spoke of how it felt like she had to babysit his students while he was away, but it made her feel well-accomplished.

Then it hit, 12:00am. The fireworks go off in a distance, starting with small-scaled fireworks before they were joined by louder, and longer-lasting fireworks. They exploded in the night skies, filled with colors and noise, as the oranges, blues, red, and pinks illuminated the dark sky. The sapphire eyed man pressed his lips to his younger lover's soft lips, melting unto each other lips. Upon pulling back, the older gentleman gave his lover gentle butterfly kisses all over her face, caressing her right cheek with his left hand- ever so gently.

"Do you remember what we always promise to each other?" The younger woman smiled at her silver-haired lover, reaching a hand up to ruffle his hair, then leaving her hand on his cheek- as she stared lovingly into his eyes. "Together, forever?" He smiled, as he leaned forward and gave her another chaste kiss. "Yeah. Together, forever." The two pressed their foreheads together, unbothered by the fireworks that erupted into the night sky.

"Happy Lunar New Year, (Y/N)

"Happy Lunar New Year, (Y/N)."

━━━━━━━━
Also! I had plans on writing chapters filled with fluff, like the daily lives of  (Y/N) and Gojo, should I just make it a separate book completely, but still related to this story?? I was planning on putting it post-shibuya arc and build on their relationship.  Or should I just keep it in this book?

Or just start an entirely new book, but with the same concept of a wholesome life?? I'll probably still take some concepts from this book and incorporate in there.

Happy Lunar New Year 🧧 make sure to wear red today and get the good luck for the year!

Gōng xǐ fā cái!

As always,

Peace