Chapter XXII: おばあちゃん

A/N: To my Grandmother.

"Obaachan, how did you know that you wanted to marry Ojichan?" A young (Y/N) asked her grandmother, as the two them of the sat at the edge of the engawa

"Obaachan, how did you know that you wanted to marry Ojichan?" A young (Y/N) asked her grandmother, as the two them of the sat at the edge of the engawa. "Hm.. Well I knew because your Ojichan sacrificed a lot for me." The grandmother spoke, as she braided the young girl's hair into two ponytails. "So.. The person that I'll be marrying has to sacrifice a lot for me as well? Is that how it works, Obaachan?" The young girl turned around, to look at her grandmother, her golden orbs shining brightly. 

The older woman chuckled, amused with the young girl's thought process. "No, my adorable (Y/N). Your future husband shouldn't have to sacrifice anything at all, as long as the two of you love each other. That's all that should matter, that should be more than enough." She caressed the young girl's cheek, as she smiled sweetly at her granddaughter. The young girl grinned, as she stood up and sat on her grandmother's lap. "Tell me obaachan, tell me again the story of how you and Ojichan met!" She beamed, making herself comfortable in her grandmother's arms. The older woman looked up at the clouds, as they covered the once brightly, shining sun.

 The older woman looked up at the clouds, as they covered the once brightly, shining sun

"My sweet granddaughter, let me tell you then.. The story of how your Ojichan and I met."

A young Bei Lian walked the busy streets of Karatsu, a city that was within Saga Prefecture within the islands of Kyushu. She had one mission today, it was to get the most fresh and cheapest fish in today's catch. You see, (Y/N)'s grandmother wasn't rich, oh no, she, along with her family were quite impoverished. Therefore, today was no different from any other day, trying to find the best catch of today and making sure she'll bargain it to the lowest possible price- that was how everyday looked like to her. 

While her brothers were able to go to school, she, unfortunately had to sacrifice her education to make sure there was always food on the table- while her parents worked themselves almost to death to get money everyday. But wasn't she a shaman? Oh no, she was most definitely not. Unlike (Y/N)'s grandfather, her grandmother was no shaman, just a normal human being with not an ounce of cursed energy. Her grandmother barely had time to take care of herself, therefore her kimono would be in tatters, while her brother's would always get new ones as soon the slightest of tears would show.