045. 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜

This was it. They were both please with the life they were now living. Both were alive and healty and had lived with barely any issues.

A few arguments had broken out but they resulted nothing more than a roll of eyes. Ilyana knew she couldn't take anything for granted anymore and had to forgive him no matter how stubborn and petty she wanted to be.

Ilyana had taken up the hobby of running off and riding Neteyam's ikran without his knowledge. She'd return to the village an hour or so later and Neteyam would find her on the back of his ikran, removing his rider's mask. He wanted to get her, her own but she insisted his was better and that he should get his own.

Of course, Neteyam obeied Ilyana but once he got a knew one she immediately got rid of it and decided that they share. Although Neteyam never rode anymore. His duties were on land, in the water. As a warrior for the Metkayina clan.

Ilyana watched him slowly change and adapt over time. His skin grew from being dark and beautiful to turning lighter and gentle.

It was the day he would recieve his first Metkayina warrior tattoo and he was practically shitting himself.

"Lyana I cannot calm down."

Lo'ak and Ilyana sat in front of him as Tonowari set everything up, for Tsahìk to adorn his back in traditional permanent body paintings.

The two were attempting to hold in their laughs, desperate for Olo'eyktan to leave so they could burst out laughing at Neteyam's scared expression.

"Don't be a wuss."

Lo'ak teased as Ilyana's mother walked in with a straight face. Neteyam's eyes widened and the thought about making an escape but he stayed put, showing Ilyana that he in fact was not a wuss.

But as soon as the needle pricked his skin, he grabbed Ilyana's free hand and squeezed it. She held it back comfortingly attempting to keep in her giggle.

"Shhhh."

Ronal hushed at the two who were laughing at Neteyam.

"I am sorry baby."

Ilyana placed a gentle hand on his cheek stroking it slowly.

*ೃ༄

The couple walked across the bioluminescent lit beach, the moon shone and reflected onto the water that now portrayed a dark blue colour.

Ilyana swung their hands that held each other and Neteyam could tell something was wrong.

"What is it."

He stopped them, as the reached the end of the patch of sand. Standing under a palm tree the leaves shadowed half of her face, leaving the other half to glow with her bioluminescent freckles.

Ilyana shook her head and smiled.

"I like it."

Ilyana pushed his body and spun him around so the tattoo on his back was in her full view.

"Yeah?"

Neteyam looked over his shoulder and nodded his head smirking.

"It's nice isnt it."

He jokingly boasted, although both would agree it was nice. It was beautiful.

"It is beautiful Teyam."

Ilyana admired it, taking his whole body in. The tattoo spread across his back to his shoulders in Metkayina patterns.

"Suppose so."

He turned around and looked at her eyes. Her words spoke about his tattoo although in his mind nothing was more beautiful than Ilyana. His Lyana.

"I love you."

Neteyam spoke merely over a whisper, into her ear. He pressed his lips to hers, feeling her smile into the kiss.

"Ole ngati kameie."

She spoke into his mouth.

It was then that she was more than pleased with her life. Neteyam had come and he saw past her stubborn façade. Their relationship had been rough and resulted heavily in heartbreaks. But as if it was vowed by Eywa they would be destined to be together forever.
For it was Neteyam who saw past her façade.