030. 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣

Neteyam's eyes raked her light blue body before she was immediately pressed up against him. Her teal limbs wrapped tightly around his neck, her face leant over his shoulder as she closed her eyes. Neteyam looked down towards the girl who had clearly been attracted to him and hesitantly moved his hands around her waist, hugging her back — though no where near as tight and affectionate.

She had clearly felt his tense and uncomfortable position and moved her head from his shoulder to face him properly. His eyes glazed with confusion and awkwardness. Ilyana was pulled back by her mother as Neytiri approached her son.

"We should give him space."

Ronal told her daughter, too caught up in the moment to obey her mothers request.

"Are you okay?"

Ilyana escaped her mothers grasp and went to lay a hand on Neteyam's cheek. He turned his head in the other direction.

Ilyana's face which was full of concern and care turned to anger and sadness. Her ears facing down, as were her eyebrows.

"We should leave Neteyam to rest, he must be tired."

The crowd had died down and now only a few people were surrounding them. Ilyana stood, pushing away her parent's attempt at keeping her back, she was going to be heartbroken.

The other Tsahìk and Olo'eyktan informed Ronal and Tonowari of the conditions when Eywa had sent him back. They would be bound to tell her soon, just not yet.

Ilyana was shocked at the sudden decline of affection Neteyam had shown.

"Neteyam. What is my name?"

She thought she had caught on with the hints everyone was giving away. It was inevitable at this point. Had Neteyam really forgot who she was?

"I'm sorry. I don't know."

The clueless boy shrugged and turned to his mother for comfort as tears brimmed in Ilyana's eyes.

She wished so long for this moment, they all did. Only for her to be heartbroken once again. Why had this happened, she was just healing.

Ilyana had took it upon herself to storm off, trudging through the sand aggresively. This was no way to act — especially as Tsahìk and Olo'eyktan's daughter but Neteyam had forgotten who she was. How?

Ronal shared a look with the two familes and scurried off after her daughter, Tonowari following close behind.

"I'm sorry."

They had all known Neteyam would forget, as it is what Tsahìk from the other village told them. Obviously they knew their daughter would not have taken it well but they needed her to be mature.

"My Yana."

Ronal sat next to the girl, who was laying on her matress in the marui. Before she laid down she drew all curtains closed and shut the opening, leaving the pod in darkness apart from small rays of sunlight that shone through the woven holes.

"We wished to have told you sooner, but you were only just healing."

Tonowari had approached them too. They never had the ideal father, daughter relationship but this was no time for him to leave his daughter in pain.

"Eywa has given Neteyam new life."

The parents had tried to be as reasonable and calm as they could, knowing too much or too harsh of words could break her fragile heart.

"Ilyana you have to understand Eywa isn't always reasonable."

Though Ilyana was facing the opposite direction her ears twitched indicating she was fully listening to her parents words.

"Neteyam is back. Yes. But Eywa sent him back with the condition that he may loose memory of a loved one."

Ilyana had guessed this by the way he acted earlier on but as the words slipped off her mothers tounge, her heart stung.

Nothing would ever repair this, they had mated and bonded for life but it was clear Eywa decided a different fate for the young couple.

"Why?"

Ilyana sat up facing her parents. Her voice was quiet, ears pointed down as she looked at her parents with wondering eyes.

"Why has Eywa done this to me."

The great mother wouldn't dare to bring such pain among the Na'vi people, so when everyone found out they had thought it was a lie.

Truthfully neither of them knew what to tell their daughter as they themselves didn't know why Eywa had brought such pain to their daughter.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; this hurt me but have no fear all will be okay!!
vote and comment!