011. 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙚

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; play the song aboveeee 💘

Ilyana spent the entirety of the night looking after Lo'ak who, like Tsireya, wasn't acting like himself. As he laid in her lap on the beach he waffled to her about her sister.

"She's just so beautiful."

Lo'ak had continuously vented to the girl, although she'd knew this would he funny to tease him about, she hadn't properly paid attention to the countless things he claimed to have loved about Tsireya.

Lo'ak's stomach churned and he quickly say up, hitting Ilyana across the face with his tail.

"Ow!"

She squealed at the boy who had been too occupied, bending over leaning into the sand. Ew.

A variation of gags and sounds came from Lo'ak as Ilyana stood behind him rubbing his back in the most comforting way she could without throwing up herself.

Neteyam rushed over and handed Ilyana a seashell filled with an unknown liquid. He held one too and told her to drink it quickly on 3.

"1.."

He egged on, paying no attention to his brother.

"2..3!"

Ilyana hadn't moved her hand and when Neteyam shot his before she did, he moved her hand towards her mouth making her drink it.

The Metkayina girl pressed her lips into a line and grimaced at the flavour.

"Shit!"

Neteyam shouted, only noticing his brother now. Though he did nothing to help him, only stood at a distance and tried to not laugh.

"Lo'ak are you okay?"

Ilyana whispered, inching closer to him slowly. He merely nodded and looked at her before moving his face towards the sand and holding his stomach again.

Neteyam let out a small laugh and Ilyana sent him a glare as she rubbed the young boys back.

Lo'ak had soon fallen asleep, now on both Ilyana and Neteyam's lap. Spread out between them.

"He likes your sister."

Neteyam spoke. They were far from the crowd but the music had still bellowed out across the reefs.

"I know."

It hadn't bothered Ilyana. In fact she found it sweet. It was rare Tsireya would even talk to a boy that wasn't their brother or Rotxo.

"My head hurts."

She spoke again. Ilyana's huge purple eyes were now closed. Neteyam watched her carefully.

It was dark and they could barely make out each other apart from the bioluminescent dots on their bodys and the few materials from the ocean that adorned their clothing. He noticed the new top she wore. Made out of beige woven material, shells and materials from sea hung around the straps that held onto her neck.

Nìlìuu swam around the shallow ends, as she noticed Ilyana sitting on the sand. Ilyana spotted her too but complained she couldn't swim now. Neteyam's ilu had also arrrived, almost as if they both wanted to swim.

"Come on."

Neteyam shoved his brother off of their laps.

"Neteyam!"

She hissed at him in a whisper. No matter how much she wished to shout at him, Neteyam found it amusing how much she cared that the boy stay asleep.

"It's okay we'll get him in a bit."

He pulled Ilyana towards the water but she resisted. He stood, waist deep in the glowing ocean and Ilyana stood watching Lo'ak sleep peacefully.

"Do you trust me?"

Neteyam held out a hand and she took it, diving into the water behind him. They'll get him in a bit.

Ilyana jumped up onto her ilu and made the bond as they slowly swam under the surface.

Following their desicion to leave Lo'ak sleeping on the beach alone, Ilyana found herself enjoying Neteyam's company more than she had expected.

"I can't see you!"

She spat out, her laugh taking over. Neteyam had attempted signing something to the girl but she clearly hadn't had a single clue to what he was doing. In a way Neteyam was glad, it should be kept a secret. For now.

His hand unintentionally brushed against hers when Ilyana noticed her queue had disconnected with the ilu. To her disappointment, Nìlìuu had swam away.

Ilyana rolled her eyes at the water animal, still floating above the surface. Neteyam's eyes had made its way to the girl, again.

She still wore the necklace he gave her. She wore it everyday, and never took it off.

Ilyana felt his gaze on her and reminded herself to eliminate the strange feeling she had felt. His eyes still fixed on her she insisted they go back to Lo'ak as he would wake soon.

A sigh escaped her lips as she climbed onto the back of Neteyam's ilu. It had become a habit. The two sharing an ilu as if she didn't have her own.

As they swam slowly back to the village a variation of water creatures had now appeared, glowing in the dark water.

With her arms wrapped around his waist, she tapped against his chest. Her chin leaning on his shoulder as she pointed towards the glowing animals that swam at the head of his ilu.

As beautiful as they were, that was the last thing Neteyam paid attention to in that moment. Ilyana's face was inches away from his, her lips practically pressed against his cheek.

Glancing from the corner of his eye, he watched the girl beside him as she watched the creatures, a wide smile spread across her face. Her eyes were almost closed, as she watched the animals through her lashes. Her smile made Neteyam's heart pulse. With her hands planted against his chest, surely she felt it.

Ilyana felts his heart beat against her hands and was clueless as to why. Nevertheless she kept them there, as they swam back to the beach returning to Lo'ak.

Lo'ak had, again, for the third time that night, fallen asleep on Ilyana. Though she too, had leant her head against Neteyam's shoulder, asleep.

He pushed her curly hair out of her face, placing a hand on her back. Her hair was perfect considering she just got out of the water. Her curls were full and stopped at her waist, half of her hair up, the bottom half filled with braids spread out throughout the curls. Her baby hairs were laid in curves across her upper forehead, almost in the shape of waves.

To Neteyam she was more than perfect, but all he could do was carry on..

dreaming of all the possibilities

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; i love love love the night time water scenes so heres that ;) also this song is officially Neteyam and Ilyana's song!!
vote and comment!