042. 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝

After bonding with Neteyam the other day, she had wondered whether they were technically still mated.

Ilyana had thought this was only her thoughts but little did she know Neteyam was kept up at night wondering the same thing.

Neteyam found Ilyana on the beach, with her feet in the water, alone and approached her.

"Hey."

Ilyana turned to her side and smiled at the boy, who joined her in company, before turning back to face the ocean.

Neteyam didn't know how to say this. It would take alot of courage to bring up the topic of mating as he knew Ilyana would be sensitive to this.

"I think we need to speak about.."

His accented voice trailed off as Ilyana slowly shook her head without looking at him.

"If you came to me to talk about that then I suggest you leave me be."

The boy knew this would be her reaction but still he persisted.

"Do you not think we both have a right to know if we are still mated?"

The words stung Ilyana. Still mated?

What if they were? Would they live life together as if he had never died? Would they raise a family?

What if they weren't? Would they mate again? Would they risk it a second time?

These were all questions that Ilyana preferred were unanswered although she couldn't help but feel her desicions were selfish. Neteyam had a valid opinion as did she. It was their relationship after all.

"If you wish to know. I will complete the tests, but I rather not know."

Neteyam was upset but he wouldn't show it. He wanted her to know if they were still mated or not. He wanted to experience it together.

"If you don't want to know than I don't either."

The boy's chest puffed out and he held his chin up high, showing Ilyana how stubborn he could be.

She sighed and shook her head, his credibility wasn't decisiving but he had managed to make Ilyana feel guilty enough to give in.

*ೃ༄

Tsahìk pricked and poked at both teenagers bodies, attempting to get any signs of each other's souls in their own. Performing the tests fascinated the half human boy and it took multiple small slaps on his limbs and 'skxawngs' to make him stay still.

"Stay still."

Ronal hissed leaning towards Neteyam, scaring him slightly as his ears turned down and his energy had suddenly disappeared.

The Tsahìk told them to go off and occupy themselves, promising she'd tell them when everything has added up.

"Mother please hurry."

Although Ilyana initially didn't care to know, completely all the tests had resulted in the girl to be impatient and eager to find out. She hoped that the news would excite them both.

*ೃ༄

"What happens if we are?"

Neteyam asked her. They sat not too far away from Ilyana's mother, wanting to be close when Ronal found out, by a patch of sand.

"Then I have already made up my mind but it is also up to you."

There was no doubt Ilyana was still in love with Neteyam.

"Well, if you are also okay with it, I will gladly carry on living life as your mate."

His words made Ilyana blush and she quickly covered her flustered face with her turquoise hand.

"And if not?"

She asked, enquiringly.

"Then I will still love you no matter what."

Love? He loved her? He will love her?

Ilyana's eyebrows raised, her eyes widening, as she stared at the boy lovingly. She felt like they had just fallen in love for the first time. Like when they first kissed.

Neteyam held Ilyana's hand as they sat in a comfortable silence, occasionally sharing a small conversation.

"Ilyana!"

Ronal's voice bellowed through Awa'atlu and the two teenagers immediately jumped up and ran through the sand towards Tsahìk.

The two greeted her mother, placing a hand to their forehead and bringing it down slowly.

"Sit."

She ordered, the two Na'vi immediately falling to the floor.

"I do not know how either of you will feel about this, but you are no longer mated. It seems Neteyam's death had broken the bond."

Her daughters ears turned down, gutted by the news. But when Neteyam pulled a lanky arm around her waist, comfortingly, his words sprung back into her mind and immediately she was reassured.

He'd still love her.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; ILYANA AND NETEYAM BACK TOGETHER FOR THE 93749383TH TIME
double update cus i couldnt leave you on a cliffhanger againnn
vote and comment!