022. 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

Neytiri and Jake visted the cove of the ancestors, and after their vision of Neteyam — it would be best if Ilyana go too.

Ilyana rode her ilu to the cove of the ancestors the next day, she was still broken but would take any opportunity to see her Teyam again.

She disconnected the queue with her ilu, diving deep into the blue water inching closer to a new moment she'd spend with Neteyam.

Pausing at the tree, she took her queue in her hand and slowly connected it to the tree. Her pupils dialated and closed her eyes as she was being dragged into the vision.

"Neteyam!"

Ilyana shouted out from a distance, she had spotted Neteyam get off his ilu and walk through the shallow waters back to the beach.

"Ilyana."

His words were calm and sweet. They walked together back towards the village — though an uncomfortable distance between them.

"Go get ready, dinner is at..."

Ilyana advised him before he inturrupted her.

"Eclipse. I know."

He hadn't followed her any longer, instead walking in the opposite direction. Leaving her without a kiss on the cheek. Not even a hug.

Why had he acted to awkward towards her? This wasn't from when they first moved to the reefs. Neteyam already knew the timings. Why was he uncomfortable around her?

Ilyana's concerns rang through her mind like a constant siren blinking. She had tried so hard to find the answers until she was pulled out of her dream, left heartbroken. Again.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; this chapter may confuse you...but it will all come into play soon enough.
vote and comment!