018. 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨

They had grown so close over such a short amount of time, and Ilyana and Neteyam were bonded. For life. Until death. So Neteyam made sure — and kept his word — that he'd protect his mate, with his life.

Neteyam and Ilyana lost Kiri and the other two Metkayina boys, assuming they swam off somewhere to hide. Neteyam successful dropped the tracker far away from the children.

Now, riding beind Neteyam on his ilu the two had attempted to find their sibilings and get the hell out of there.

Surfacing the water, they spotted Ilyana's clan and Turok Makto — lined up with their skimwings. Ilyana squinted as she leant over Neteyam's shoulder.

"They have my sister! And yours, Lo'ak too."

Neteyam shook his head, how had Lo'ak been in the middle of such an incident — again.

They awaited for the right time to approach the killer ship, planning to help their family so escape.

*ೃ༄

Time had passed, and the two we're indefinitely bored. They discussed their future together, how Ilyana's parents — especially her father — would react to them making the bond.

Neteyam reassured her, they would be bonded for life. He'd do anything in his power to protect her. And that he did.

Ilyana and Neteyam were flirting when she spotted Payakan fly up into the air and onto the killer ship, from the corner of her eye.

"Neteyam go now!"

She almost shouted in his ear, his ears twitching at the sudden sound of her loud voice. She tapped at his chest, to which her arms were wrapped around, telling him to swim towards the ship.

They stalled by the end of the shift, waiting for anyone to leave — before jumping up onto the platform.

"Yana!"

Tsireya sighed in relief.

"Who's the mighty warrior?"

Neteyam teased, releasing his younger brother from the cuffs — but not before insisting Ilyana take Tsireya and Tuk to safety.

"Come on bro."

Neteyam called after Lo'ak, who picked up a gun.

"They have spider, we have to get him."

Neteyam winced, this was dangerous.

"Come on bro."

He turned to Ilyana, she was stood at the end of the ship about to go into the water awaiting Neteyam's movement to follow behind her. He threw his head back and ran behind Lo'ak, Ilyana close behind.

"Why are you here?"

Neteyam whispered as they crept onto the ship.

"I'm not leaving you."

Ilyana's thick accent shining through her attempt to whisper. They crawled along the roof of the ship, spotting spider who was gaurded by a bunch of sky people.

Ilyana had never acknowledged how small they were.

Neteyam jumped down, the others following — a knife in his hand immediately attacking the humans.

One of the sky people held up a gun, but Lo'ak quickly fired his — to all of their luck. Ilyana glared at the human boy as they hid behind a corner from the people shooting at them.

"Why did we come for you?"

She mumbled, barely a whisper though. Each boy turning their heads towards her. Neteyam tried holding in his laugh, whereas Lo'ak simply glared at her. As for the human boy, he did nothing but stare, soulessly at her. To him she was beautiful. Beautiful but absolutely petrifying. Any word could result in her killing him.

"Give me that!"

Neteyam scowlded at his younger brother, snatching the gun from his grasp.

"Go! Go!"

He indicated, waving his hands telling the three others to jump into the water.

"Come on."

Ilyana held her hand out, waiting for him. Neteyam quickly dropped the gun and they dived into the water. His back facing the humans, protecting Ilyana from any of the incoming bullets.

He'd do anything in his power to protect her.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; if i speak i'm afraid i might say to muchhh 🤭
vote and comment!