006. 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨

"Sully boy!"

A voice had shouted as Lo'ak was safely dropped back home on the back of someone elses ilu.

Grounding himself, the young Na'vi immediately caught sight of Ao'nung and was immediately about to charge at him before his father got to him first.

"Hey..let me have a look at you."

Jake observed his missing soon who had returned. He wasn't too badly injured,

"Just a few scratches."

Turok Makto made clear to all the other Na'vi watching the scene take place. Neytiri and the rest of the family had arrived too.

"I pray that I will not pluck the eyeballs out of my youngest son."

Neytiri hissed at him pinching at the air, leaving the smallest gap between her hand and his face. He inched his head back, unbothered.

"No. My son knows better than to take him beyond the reef, this is his doing."

Tonowari had pushed down onto his son's shoulder, making Ao'nung kneel before Lo'ak and his family to apologise.

"Alright lets go."

Jake nodded and began to walk off when Lo'ak spoke.

"No. I wanted to go, Ao'nung tried to stop me."

Both parents shook their heads and dismissed themselves again, Lo'ak preparing himself for yet again another scolding.

"What where you thinking?"

Lo'ak had heard Ronal ask her son as they walked off.

"You told me to make friends dad."

Lo'ak spoke, gesturing to where all the Metkayina boys stood.

Jake and his mate lectured their son about his safety and what status this has created for their family again.

"Can I go?"

Lo'ak asked. He hadn't processed a word they had shouted at him. He was simply too tired.

"Where were you?"

Neytiri sighed at their oldest son.

"Yeah, what happened to keeping an eye on your brother?"

Jake agreed with his mate. Neteyam looked down and didn't answer the question because if anything he was only embarrassed to explain where he was.

Ilyana was still teaching him the Na'vi sign language as he was determined to impress her. She had began to get agitated and he had spent the whole day, stuck to her side trying to learn it and convince her he knew whay he was doing.

*ೃ༄

"I wish I'd been there."

Kiri spoke as her eyes widened in fascination. Her brothers story was incredible and she was only jealous at his adventure.

"The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother."

The Metkayina children simply shooked their heads, confused.

"The tulkun have not returned yet."

Ao'nung leaned off the tree and bent down next to Ilyana. None of them had believe what Lo'ak was saying except for his two younger sisters.

"And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone."

These children knew what they were talking about, after all they had grew up here. Neteyam scratched his head and scrunched his nose. Ilyana smiled at the gesutre before hiding it behind her hand.

"Well this one was."

Lo'ak was determined for them to see him through but they would not listen.

"He had, uh, a missing fin. Like a stump, on the left side."

He gestured to his skinny left arm. The light-skinned sibilings shared a look and Ilyana sighed.

"Payakan."

She whispered. Ao'nung shook his head and Tsireya only looked down to play with her fingers.

"Who's Payakan?"

Kiri asked. She was clearly intruged in all the nature here and found it fascinating.

"A young Pulu who went rouge. He's outcast. Alone."

Ao'nung told them.

"And he has a missing fin."

Tsireya shook her head before she spoke quietly.

"They say he is a killer."

Lo'ak immediately looked to his side and shook his head at the girl, who had a flower tucked behind her ear. One that her sister had placed in the morning as they walked together to breakfast.

"No..no."

"He killed Na'vi. And other tulkun, not here but far to the south."

Ao'nung told them again.

"No, he's no killer."

Lo'ak explained again although no one seemed to believe him.

"Lo'ak you are lucky to be alive."

Ilyana told him, trying to not be too harsh.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life! He's my friend."

No matter how hard they had tried to see his story through, their culture and beliefs about the tulkun had taken over.

"My baby bro."

Neteyam announced as he stood up, Ilyana attempted to pull him back down but he refused.

"A mighty warrior who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it."

He stood behind his brother and planted his hands on his shoulders,shaking him.

"You guys aren't listening!"

He shook him off, angry. Lo'ak stood up and throwed his hands up. His ears twiched and he waved his tail around. Neteym stood in front of Ilyana to prevent her from getting hit from Lo'ak's sudden outburst.

"No, Lo'ak I'm listening!"

Tuk shouted as Lo'ak walked off sulking.

"Lo'ak, come back!"

Kiri shouted after him.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; ahh i hate this chapter :/ i hope you enjoyed nevertheless.
vote and comment!