Wait here

You looked at Sam and back at the picture, your mind wasn't playing tricks Sam looked close to Samuel. "Can I ask?" You knew what he wanted to ask. "Sure." "How are alive?" "Hydra." "Sooo." "I'm an assassin." Sam gave you his "bitch what the fuck" look. "No I was wondering if you were a super soldier." You looked down in shame. "Yeah I am." Sam looked excited hearing the news, he may already know two super soldiers but hey we're both white guys. "Huh who would've known hydra was more progressive then the government." You chuckled, he was witty, you were taken aback when he stood up again rushing to the same room.

He came back with something in his hand. "What's in your hand?" You pointed at his hand, he didn't answer and walked over to you putting dog tags in your hands. You looked at the dog tags and saw that they were yours, you'd forgotten you gave sams grandmother your dog tags before you left. "My dog tags." You said aloud, rubbing your thumb over your name and number.

Sam couldn't help but feel sorry for her, he could tell by her eyes that she was lost and grieving. He could tell how nervous she was when she was at his door. He knew that hydra was a fucked up place and organization, he also knew they fucked up bucky, but there was a difference between the two of you. Bucky had Steve but you, you had no one, not for long, Sam was making it his goal to befriend you and be your person.

He watched you put the tags over your head, once they rested on your neck you started to fiddle with them. "Would you like anything to drink?" Sam asked, it seemed as if he had just pulled you out of a daze. "Sure." He smiled at you, it was progress. "Water, coffee, juice?" "Uh just water." You gave him a small smile, it melted sams heart, you may have started to grow on him.

Sam came back a few minutes later holding two glasses of water. He sat next to you handing you your glass. You took two sips of it till you put the cup down on the coffee table.

"What was it like?" You turned your head towards him, you weren't sure what he meant, he could be asking about the war or hydra. "Which thing?" You ask looking forward again, you didn't really want to think about either, since both of them were shit. "The war, I've heard it from my two friends but they probably had it different from you." He looked forward when talking to you, you started to recall some of the memories. the blood or the comments or maybe the occasional solider touching your ass which would earn them a black eye and a knee to the balls.

You let out a shaky breath before speaking. "It was shit, the blood, the belittling by anyone, I wasn't respected by most. ." Sam looked at you with widen eyed, did he not think that what it was like. "Did you tell people about the other soldiers?" You picked up your glass and chugged the rest of the water, you let out a breath when you put the cup down again. "Yep." You said dryly before standing up turning to walk to the door. "Wait where are you going." You turned your head to look at him. "I've been here a little to long for comfort, thank you for everything, truly." You gave him a tight lipped smile before your face went back to its normal expressionless face. "Let me give you my number." You looked at him with a confused look, you knew the basics of a phone like texting, calling and photos, it just was weird that he was willingly giving you his number. He scribbled down his number on a sticky note and handed it to you. "Call me anytime." He flashed you a bright smile, you returned with a small smile. "I will." With that you walked out of his house, you walked for a few minutes before reaching your tiny apartment.

The apartment was more like a loft, but you didn't mind, it was cheap and had thick walls. You took off you shoes and went over to your "bed" which was just blankets on the floor in front of a window you liked to look out of. Everything was so new, you felt in your hoodie pocket and found the sticky note with sams number on it. You look out you flip phone and opened it typing in his number making a contact. You felt different going to sleep, you didn't dread it as much as normal, you thought it was about that you now had someone to talk to. You fell asleep quickly that night, but that didn't matter you where up at 2 with a cold sweat and screaming . "Fuck." You muttered out putting your hands in your hair, the same nightmare was on repeat.