My name

You were nervous and terrified, you knew it was a risk going to see him. With only being away from hydra for a month, but you had to see if he was alive.

You looked at the house then back at the paper you wrote it down the address on. The name registered to the house was Samuel Wilson, which you recognized in the mess of your brain.

You walked up the stairs hesitating before knocking on the door. You heard shuffling in the house, by instinct you put your hand on your gun. You let go when a man, that resembled your old buddy a lot opened the door, he looked at you confused. "Uhh are you at the wrong house?" He questioned you looking around outside waiting for someone to pop out any second. "Your Samuel Wilson right?" "Uh yeah?" He was still unsure what you where doing at his house or if you where a fan girl, you on the other hand where worried about trying to explain. "I uh knew your grandfather." Sam chuckled, his grandfather died in the war a long time ago and the woman in front of him didn't look over 26. "Impossible." He knew it wasn't but he only knew of two other people that held there age from the 40s and there shouldn't be more. You were defeated, you weren't about to tell this man your life story, you turned around cursing under your breath for bothering him.

"Wait." You heard him you just didn't stop walking, this was a stupid idea anyway. "Wait just come inside please." You turned around and looked at him, god he reminds you of him.

Flashback
You were right next to colonel Phillips, you were a captain in the army. No one really thought it was possible for a women to get that high of a rank, most times you got the witty and snarky remarks from the other soldiers. You where snapped out of your thoughts when a gorgeous black woman opened the door. She was confused to what the colonel. "Hello ma am." Hello colonel Phillips." Your heard a man ask who was at the door, that's when he popped his head out of the door.

"Captain y/l/n? What are you two doing here?"
You stood a little taller, you knew this solider, he was the most respectful and kind. "Hello Samuel." You smiled at him and his wife, he talked about her so dearly you were ecstatic to meet her. "And you must be his lovely wife that if I might add talks about a lot." She smiled sheepishly at you, her husband had told her about you. "I've heard a lot about you too." You put your hand out to shake you two shook hands. "So why are you here captain." Before you could speak colonel spoke. "No one will rent to a German/Italian woman." They looked at you with concern you looked around nervously whistling. "We'll then come on in and make your self at home." Samuel said happily he opened the door to the house wider for you to enter. "Only if it's ok with you ma am." "Of course it's ok with me." That's how you ended up living and working with sam's grandfather.

End of flashback
You nodded and followed him into the house, it was a decent size. He lead you to a living room sitting down on the couch gesturing for you to sit down. You sat down across from him, the way he looked at you was as if you had a gun which you did but that wasn't for him to know. You picked at the skin by your thumb nervously. "So what's your name?" You had to think about that, which was dumb, you shouldn't have think about your own name. "Y/n y/l/n." His eyes widened at the name, Sam recalled when his grandma told him about a very strong and independent woman called y/n y/l/n. "No way." Sam breathed out, you were oblivious to what was going on in his head, but if you read him right something just clicked that made it all make sense.

Sam stood up abruptly walking into a different room, leaving you confused.

He came back with an old looking photo and held it by your face. "No fucking way, I have to call Steve." You knew who Steve was he was captain America and if he knew than you would be domed. "Don't." He looked at you confused before realization hit, you looked scared. "I won't sorry." "It's fine." He looked at the photo again, it was a black and white photo of his grandparents with you between them smiling brightly with the two of them. Sam turned the picture to you showing you, you admired the picture it was the last time you were really happy. The photo was taken the day before you and Samuel where shipped out for your last time before getting captured and made into a monster, also sams grandmother had just told you and Samuel that she was pregnant.