"I can also hear you as well, my name's Percy by the way."

"Can, can you actually hear me?" said Thalia, in shock and disbelief.

"Yeah, I can." I responded.

Thalia looked at me, shocked and on the verge of tears. "Is, this real, right? Not a dream?"

"Don't worry, it's real."

Thalia was actually starting to cry. She tried to jump out of the tree only to bump against the bark that refused to let her pass. Now, killing weird ass doggies, I can do. Staying the night in a forest Tartarus-bent on making you insane, perfectly fine. A crying girl stuck in a tree, what the actual fuck am I supposed to do?

I kind of just stood there, watching as both the girl and tree she inhabited started crying, I just hugged the tree. I didn't think it would change anything, but who knows, maybe she'd appreciate the gesture.

"How? How am I talking to you?" asked Thalia

"I'm the champion of the fates, so I can do a bunch of weird shit." I replied. "So... what do we talk about now?" i ask

"How long exactly have I been stuck in here?" asked thalia.

"About seven years."

"Have you met someone called Annabeth chase? Or Luke castellan?"

...

"Yes, unfortunately." I murmured that last part.

"What did you just say?" asked thalia incredulously

"Yes, I've met Luke" who's planning on helping the literal titan of evil. "And Annabeth" who hates me and my pet.

"No, what did you say, exactly." Thalia said, even more incredulously.

"Unfortunately. Luke and Annabeth don't exactly like me all that much."

"And why is that?" Thalia once again said incredulously.

"I played a harmless prank on Annabeth, and I have a monster pet. And Luke doesn't like me because..." how can I break the news to her. "Well, you don't want to know, and even if I did tell you, you wouldn't believe me."

Somehow, despite being a ghost trapped inside a tree, Thalia is very intimidating. "Tell. me. Why."

"I'm telling you, you don't want to know."

Again, I felt like I just got electrocuted for no reason. "I'm telling you, if you don't answer, I will find a way out of this tree, and hunt you down."

"Just remember, I told you that you won't like it. I swear on the styx that this is the truth. Luke is a traitor to the gods." lightning flashed in the distance, showing that I'm telling the truth.

Thalia looked at me in shock beforing shaking her head in denial.

"No, no you're lying. Luke would never- he wouldn't. He wouldn't do that."

"I'm sorry, but he would, and he is."

Thalia's spirit looked on in disbelief, she didn't look at anything in particular, she was just stuck in her own little world, both literally and figuratively.

"Hey, how about we talk about something else? It would help you take your mind off of luke." I say.

Thalia didn't really react, she just gave a small, almost unnoticeable nod.

We just made small talk, how's the weather, what's being a tree like, what's being champions of the fate like, the only other topic I could think to talk about is how our parents are going to war against each other, and I don't think that's something that people wanted to hear so I just told her that I was going on a quest which she seemed to be disappointed by.