"Josh-"

"You know what Mel? You did an absolutely great job at getting back at me," He told me, backing away. I started to move towards him, but he put his hand out. "You won." He started to turn away but stopped, turning back to me. "Actually, she won. She finally got her wish of us not being friends anymore."

"No," I whimpered, my heart breaking as Josh walked away without another word. He simply got his car, and drove off, leaving me standing there, wondering if any of this had been worth it.

March 6th, 2015
7:43 AM

I did not want to go to school the next day. I was dreading it. From hearing Amala's mouth, to Alex telling me 'I told you so' to Josh...

I told Navya this would hurt him. I knew if he found out by accident, he would be mad. But no, I did as she told, and what did I end up with? A broken friendship, and probably without a girlfriend either.

I had reached out to Navya a few times, and got no response.

And from my walk from the car into the school, I could that she wasn't there yet. I sighed, rubbing my face. I shouldn't have came. I didn't have to come. My parents would've understood if I told them what happened.

Hiding wouldn't do me any good, but at least i'd be able to breathe easier.

"Melody," I heard someone say behind me and I took a deep breath. The voice was Amala's. I couldn't even make it to my locker before she started. I turned around slowly, seeing her behind me with her arms folded. "We gotta talk."

"Do we?" I asked. She ignored my smart response, grabbing me and dragging me off. She pulled me into one of the empty stairways & spoke before I could.

"You're dead ass wrong." I pursed my lips. Otherwise, I would've sighed, and I didn't think she would take that too well. "You're bumping coochies with her, of all people? The same snake ass bitch who was telling Josh to pick her over you?"

"Okay," I said, putting my hands together. "I get that you don't care for her, but you're not going to call my girlfriend out of her name." Amala looked as if she wanted to say something smart or do something condescending, but she resisted. Smart move.

"That's what you're worried about? Not the fact that you did the worst possible thing you could do to your friend?"

"I-" I stopped, taking a breath. I was about to say 'I didn't do it to hurt him' but that was a lie. That's how it started. "We weren't friends with Navya and I were messing around. And by the time we were... I had feelings for her."

"And you chose her over your loyalty to him?"

"You mean the same way he virtually chose her over me?" I bit out.

"Okay, if that's the case, why date her?!?" Amala hissed.

"Because I got over it!!" I threw my hands up. "I talked to Navya about it, I talked to Josh about it and everybody, everybody but you, it seems, got over the situation." Amala scoffed.

"You two didn't talk for fucking months because of her. Our friend group practically fell apart because of her. I watched you scream at him about not wanting to be friends with somebody you couldn't trust for you to turn around and be somebody he can't trust." I scoffed. The audacity.